what launcher are you using?

Last Updated:

1. prosan98

prosan98 Active Member

I can't use Sense anymore, it just crashes way too often. I didn't like launcher pro when it tried it a few months ago. I just downloaded adw launcher and it's ok, but it doesn't have a widget for displaying email directly on a home screen (which is pretty much the only HTC widget I use). So is there a better launcher with better widgets or does anyone have an app recommendation for email? Thanks.

2. Joshbear

Joshbear Well-Known Member

I don't know if it has an e-mail widget, but I was always a fan of Go Launcher EX when I had my Shift.
    tube517 likes this.
  3. prosan98

prosan98 Active Member

Just downloaded Go Launcher EX, and it's amazing! It's super easy to configure your screens, and the e-mail widget seems to be just what I wanted. It took me ages to re-configure all my screens in ADW, so I was hesitant to try something new, but I was done in like 10 minutes! Just the fact that it allows you to add all the widgets/apps/shortcuts you want to a screen at one time is fantastic. I don't think I will miss Sense at all (though it pisses me off to no end that I have an HTC phone and nearly a year after the update to Gingerbread, Sense still isn't fixed).
  4. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

GO Launcher is my favorite and it's free. They also have their own store and many many themes, widgets, etc. I have it on my Nook Color as well as my EVO 4G. My EVO Shift has Synergy so that is sense and it's running very smooth so I'm not in a hurry to put GO on it.