Still using touchwiz
  5. maverick777

maverick777 Well-Known Member

Nova Prime.
    drexappeal likes this.
  6. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Trusty NOVA Prime here, as well.

Ever since I got my Note 2, I switched to NOVA Prime and it'll be pretty darn difficult to move onto a new one.

Restore function is awesome. Just needed to copy the files saved on my Note 2 internal storage, for backing up the settings. Downloaded all the apps onto my Note 3, and then went into Nova settings to restore my original setup. Only a couple widgets to fix, but most of them restored the way I wanted. I'm a happy camper.
  7. Keegen

Keegen Member

Long time user of Go Launcher but have been using Action Launcher Pro for a few weeks and really liking it.
  8. radman2020

radman2020 Well-Known Member

9. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

I used Nova Prime for a long time but I think I'm bored with it. I'm not sure.

Do you maintain ALL S-Pen functions with Nova?
  10. drexappeal

So far, all the ones I want have maintained. Didn't have an issue with the Note 2 either and only thing lost was the Samsung widgets, which I never used anyway.
    dustwun77 and HanSolo like this.
  11. iamchrisstone

iamchrisstone Active Member

Sorry for the noobie question, but what is the launcher? I thought touchwiz was just what caused you to scroll from screen to screen. Is there more to it than that?

By the way, I just got my Note 3 last night! Black, 32gb at&t and i'm in love. came over from iphone
    BlueBiker likes this.
  12. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

I'll start with TouchWiz, but then probably back to my trusty Apex.
  13. drexappeal

A "Launcher" is usually in reference to a 3rd Party application that will replace the OEM user interface (e.g. Samsung's user interface is called Touchwiz).

This is actually one of the most fantastic things about Android that none of the reviews ever cover. Using a 3rd party launcher usually means for more customization than the stock user interface, which can allow a user to set the phone up exactly as they would personally set up on their own.
  14. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

As long as Apex supports S-pen functions, that's a given. But if that function is TW only, then I guess TouchWiz wins :eek:
  15. Lateck

Lateck Well-Known Member

Like others, Nova Prime. I too used it on my N2 so it's on the 3. :cool:

Lateck,
    dustwun77 likes this.
  16. drexappeal

S-pen functions should translate over.
  17. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Well-Known Member

Currently I use TouchWiz. Once bored, I will switch between Nova Launcher Prime.

Buzz too fancy to me. It do cool with a lot preset home layout, but I find in actual use, those really over fancy.
  18. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I'm sticking with touchwiz although as the "Post your Home Screen" posts keep coming in I'm being sorely tempted to change.
  19. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I've been using Nova Prime since the Galaxy Nexus.
    dustwun77 likes this.
  20. jaysacks

jaysacks Member

Apex on N2.
  21. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

I used to like ADW, but as soon as I installed it on my GN3, it wrapped the icon text "Google Play" in a most unattractive manner. Seems like something I fixed long ago on another device, but I wasn't in the mood to work on it again.

Then tried Nova. Excellent launcher for the Note 3. Paid the $4. Well worth it.
    KOLIO and dustwun77 like this.
  22. PrinceOfDorne

PrinceOfDorne Well-Known Member

That is so fetch! ;)
  23. drexappeal

LOL. I seriously shouldn't know where that quote is from, but too hard to forget how hot Lacey Chabert looked in that movie.
  24. drexappeal

I can't confirm if it's because of the 3rd party launcher or not, but I think the S-View cover settings might not work with the 3rd party launcher. Then again, I have a password protection on my phone, which prevents me from using that quick view setting, but thought I'd mention it in case people are thinking of using the S-view.
    Scootmien likes this.
  25. HanSolo

HanSolo Well-Known Member

I was going to start using Nova Prime again, but TW simply works. There is no lag on the phone, so no real reason for me to change. Plus I don't mind the S Widgets.