1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

What launcher are you using?General

1. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

Switched over to Aviate and really liking it.
  2. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

I like to give a phone's 'stock' apps a good chance before I go to my other, trusty paid apps, just in case. I actually like the stock calendar app and continue to use it.

I used Touch Wiz for about 30 seconds. After that I couldn't get Nova Prime on fast enough!!
    drexappeal likes this.
  3. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Well-Known Member

Now using Nova Launcher 2.3beta4 with themes - Cyrcle. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    drexappeal likes this.
  4. tntlassiter

tntlassiter Active Member

Can you send me an invite so I can try it? You cam PM it to me if you like.

Thanks!
  5. Dragoro

Im out of invites, sorry.
  6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

The new beta launcher for Nova is really nice, if you haven't tried it I definitely would, just join there community on G+ and you can get an invite and your app will automatically update to the beta.
  7. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Ok, based on all of the people using it I finally tried Nova Prime today. I have to admit, it's pretty nice. I used my free google store credit to get it. :)

The only thing that might drive me back to tw is the calendar widget. Has anyone found one as nice as the one in tw?
  8. MrClean

MrClean Well-Known Member

That's the same thing I miss too, other than that I really like Nova Prime.
    ovrrdrive likes this.
  9. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Yep, muuuuuuch nicer than TW.

I've used Pure Calendar widget for a long time. Very customizable.
    ovrrdrive likes this.
  10. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I've preferred Android Pro Widgets as compared to any OEM widgets. What's great is that it's not just calendar, it's bookmarks (although, Samsung changed the stock browser so it doesn't sync chrome bookmarks like it did on the Note 2), Social Networking (including integrated twitter and facebook, as well as separate twitter and facebook), Contacts

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rdr.widgets.core

I have mine completely customized so that all the widgets I use are transparent.

Specifically with regards to the calendar, Android Pro Widgets allows the widgets to be "scrollable". Some may ask how that would be applicable on the calendar...I personally have it set to show the "Agenda", where it lists out all my appointments for each day. I can scroll through the agenda to see all the appointments on my calendar for the entire week and can set it to show as long as I want, in connection with my calendars. You can also set it to show the entire month, as well as have the colors connected to each of the appointments.

Bookmarks, I can scroll through all my bookmarks, without having to open a browser.

Social Networking, I can scroll through tweets from people I follow, as well as facebook wall posts.
    ovrrdrive and KOLIO like this.
  11. ovrrdrive

I tried Pure Calendar and it wasn't really what I was looking for but the Pure Grid Calendar was pretty close. I think I can live with it for a while.

Thanks. Too bad I didn't make the 15 minute window though. lol
  12. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry 'bout that. :(
  13. ovrrdrive

No worries. I'm still burning up the $50 credit from Samsung. :)
  14. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

That's a good idea. What launcher are people using that can do things Novs Prime can't? Might as well spend some of that credit and see what's new.
  15. Dragoro

Nova Launcher 3d is really cool. ( Im still using aviate though, every time i try to go to a different launcher I find myself back to avaite lol).
  16. dontpanicbobby

I'll try it later this afternoon after I get and setup my Christmas tree.

update:
    $16.99? Uhm no. Any other suggestions?
  17. Digital Controller

You mean Next Launcher 3D?

I haven't tried it yet, really expensive and don't know if it's worth buying.
  18. Chicoman

Chicoman Well-Known Member Contributor

Next launcher 3d has a trial version to test out before buying. Also it seems to go on sale frequently even if you want to get it.
  19. Dragoro

defintely worth the price of admission.
  20. dontpanicbobby

Next Launcher 3D looks like it could be a winner but it seems like there's going to be a sharp learning curve handling those funky icons they use. Plus the price is really to high right now. Definitely on my list when it goes on sale though. Thanks for the tip everyone.
  21. Digital Controller

Eh I might get it at some point, but I have always been pretty happy with Nova, so I might just stay where I am right now.
  22. dontpanicbobby

Give the Next Launcher 3D trail a peak DC. The way the app drawer opens is pretty cool.
  23. daz_2000

daz_2000 Well-Known Member

Yeah pure calendar widget is much better than any stock caledar widget.
  24. Roymus

Roymus Well-Known Member

So I downloaded the Nova Prime Beta and installed. Can't see any significant differences...transitions and other UI features appear the same. What am I missing if anything in the beta? Anyone have any tips?
  25. pman219

pman219 Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to get the Action Memo widget into a 3rd party launcher ?