What Launcher do you use?General

Last Updated:

1. HauntedHallows

HauntedHallows Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife owns an LG Ally and i was wondering what launcher you guys recommend? Launcher pro, ADW, LG, or Android?

Advertisement
  2. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member

I use ADW. I like it better than the other 3 you have listed, although launcher pro is a nice one as well.

3. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member

I use ADW. I like it better than the other 3 you have listed, although launcher pro is a nice one as well.

4. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

new convert to adw launcher. tried launcherpro but it really slowed my phone down. adw seems to be the best thing going right now.

5. edcooper714

edcooper714 Well-Known Member

ADW. A bit confusing at first due to the lack of documentation but if you persist it will be worth it. Seems to have sped up the OS too. If anyone locates the 'readme' file that is referenced please post.

6. HauntedHallows

HauntedHallows Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so I tried launcher pro on her phone and it seems like the above poster was right and it ran much slower. Next up is ADW

7. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Laucher Pro running slower? Really? I tried Laucher Pro first and loved it. But then i heard how ADW was better. Gave ADW a try and found it to be laggier and more memory usage.

With Laucher Pro i freed up 40-50mb of memory leaving me with around 100mb total free. And i find it much smoother than all of the other lauchers. With the free amounts of memory i can do more. I run IRC, netcounter, (those two in the background) last.fm, and the browser all at the same time. Before using Laucher Pro it would be laggy and alot of force closes but since ive started using it i can run all that with no issues.

8. vdubbin21

vdubbin21 Member

in regards to adw launcher I thought i read somewhere that you can add icons to the bar at the bottom. is that possible? and if so how do you do it? i downloaded it and tried it. i love it but would be nice if i could add to the bar at the bottom.

9. edcooper714

edcooper714 Well-Known Member

You can have only two. Drag an existing icon to the left or the right of the applications icon. That's it!!

10. Qasar

Qasar Member

LauncherPro allows for up to 3 such custom Docks, i.e. so I can scroll through up to 7 home screens AND 3 Docks. Each Dock holds up to 5 icons. To customize the dock in LauncherPro just long-touch the space to open the menu like you can do in a home screen.