What launchers do you use?

1. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Go Launcher EX on the phone, and the Tab is running stock TouchWiz
  2. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

Nova prime. Used to use go launcher but I started to hate the ui, so I switched.
  3. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

Do you need to be rooted to use launchers like Nova Prime and others.

Still new to this whole Android world.
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Not at all, you just install them as you would any other app from Play. The next time you press the home button, you'll be prompted which you want to use, the new launcher or your phones default. From there, it's up to you how you configure it. :)
    ocnbrze and SAL8116 like this.
  5. SAL8116

Oh okay. Thanks!!
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. RazoE

RazoE Well-Known Member

No, but certain features do require rooting such as widgets in your app drawer for nova launcher.
  7. SAL8116

I'm actually quiet happy with the launcher without having to root.

8. BroncoDroid

BroncoDroid Active Member

Nova (sadly not Prime) Launcher here. Any more browsing of these threads and I will probably be convinced to buy the full.
  9. Droid Ninja

Droid Ninja Well-Known Member

10. TomyMurphy

TomyMurphy New Member

I run apex because it came with my rom. Honestly tho, I should try some others.
  11. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

I'm using Go on CM7 MTDEV (most recent version), but am seriously considering changing. DH and I are using the same ROM on our Triumphs and his is much more stable than mine (I'm getting several spontaneous reboots a day, at random, he isn't reporting any), and my battery life is pretty bad. Add to that I'm getting tired of all the nags about more Go apps available, and it may be time for a change.
  12. samehemary79

samehemary79 New Member

I'm using Next it is amazing and in my openion the best three launcher are
    1 - SPb shell
    2 - Next
    3 - TSF
  13. keith1210mk2

keith1210mk2 Active Member

Nova Prime, can't fault it! :thumbup:
  14. cebu111

cebu111 Active Member

Im using apex for my S2 and stock touchwiz for my Note 10.1
  15. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

Nova Prime. Love it!
  16. Goftrey

Goftrey Member

I use Nova Prime - great if you love the stock UI, but need to apply small tweaks like grid sizing, hiding apps in the drawer etc.
  17. jtc303

jtc303 Well-Known Member

I use GOLEX on my phone because of the all the customizable options... tried pretty much every launcher and always come back to GOLEX... on my tablet I use ADW because I like how it allows me to expand the screen to fully use up the screen without margins.
  18. jjrx3

jjrx3 Well-Known Member

i like holo launcher. Its simple for me and it works well on my tablet and phone.
  19. Sheerluck

Sheerluck Well-Known Member

I use apex pro. Chose it over nova because set up menus seemed more intuitive.
  20. jaypeecee

jaypeecee Well-Known Member

Previously used GO Launcher but got really fed up being bombarded with updates - sometimes two updates in less than 24 hours. Now using ADW, which is very good indeed.

JPC
  21. shinethrough

shinethrough Member

I use Nova Lanuncher!
  22. Shoop

Shoop Active Member

Was using Nova Prime and love it. Now I'm trying out TSF shell and the more I use it the more I like it. Kinda pricey but was worth it for a change of pace.
  23. Romanzi

Romanzi Member

Yandex Shell
  24. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

I normally switch out between go and apex, can't really decide between the 2 :p

DS
  25. Pookeysgirl

Pookeysgirl Well-Known Member

I was using Go, but got tired of it always deleting my folders in both the app drawer and my home screen. I also didn't like having to update constantly or the notifications for every new theme that came out.

Switched to Nova and will be purchasing Prime today. It's really smooth and seems to run quicker on my phone than Go did. I also like all the customizations. It just looks nicer to me.