What LCD screen have you ordered that worked?Support

1. mitchell0715

mitchell0715 Active Member

I accidentally dropped my phone and it got run over, good job right? I've looked around and seen a few places with replacement LCD's but none that are guaranteed it seems. Do I need just the digitizer or do i need to find new glass too considering its spider-webbed the entire screen? If you've found a cheap source I'd like to see it too!

If anyone has a tutorial on replacing the LCD that would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

This is the one im looking at, can get it shipped out much quicker than 15 days from hong kong, what do you think? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metro-PCS-L...995?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bb167993

Advertisement
  2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Well if the digi is cracked as well then it will need to be replaced.

The actual process of replacing the LCD or Digi is not that hard really. Most people buy them both together so that you don't have to heat up the glue to pull the digi off the LCD. That's the hardest part of the process as it can be tricky. So if you buy them together then it's just a matter taking some screws out. I think there is some videos for the Esteem on Youtube somewhere.

As far as which ones to buy I dont know. I have not bought any so I cant say one way or another. I would do a google search and see what other people say about whichever ones you are looking at. Someone somewhere has bought one and has wrote about it online so you should be able to find some info somewhere on it.

Hope this helps. Good luck
  3. mitchell0715

Alright thanks! That definitely helps, I would assume that the LCD comes with the glass then. I'm going to go ahead and order it. I'll let you guys know how it goes, I found one for about 16$.
  4. Fuzzy13

It will say Digi + LCD so don't assume that the LCD will come with the digi. Make sure you get the one that's already assembled. It's not a big deal if you don't, just a little harder in the repair process. Ill find the install video that's floating around here somewhere.
  5. Fuzzy13

Here you go. This is on the revolution, which as you should know is the same phone as the Esteem.

Good Luck

LG Revolution VS910 Screen Replacement Repair Guide - YouTube

One more thing. Before you crack your phone open, make sure you take a hot shower to get any dust particles off of you. This helps more than you know when working with LCD's. One piece of dust on that screen can stick out more than a crack sometimes. ;)
    mitchell0715 likes this.
  6. mitchell0715

Awesome thank you. I ended up ordering the whole front section of the phone for about 51$ shipped. It should go in easily and it will say verizon on the top but i could care less. Didn't even think about the dust particle thing but I'll be careful. Should be relatively easy, thanks again!

Mitch
  7. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Yea, the digitizer is actually glued to the front half of the phone housing, not the lcd display itself, which is what I call plastic welded to the front half as well.

With the whole front half you should be ok with the dust particle aspect lol. I learned that lesson with the Revo I replaced the digitizer on. lol Not noticeable when its on really, but you see em when its off or the screen is off. ;)
  8. latinkings707

latinkings707 Member

hey where did you oder the entire from part please?
  9. mitchell0715

Fuzzy13 likes this.
  10. latinkings707

latinkings707 Member