What location to store music files at so I could play them directly from the "Music" app?Support

Last Updated:

1. ondroid

ondroid New Member

My question is: where on the phone should I copy my mp3-s such that I could access them from the "Music" app? I have copied my music files in usbStorage, creating a folder called Music. If I access this from "Files" app, the music plays fine. But as I open the "Music" app, there are no songs to access.
    Where should I move my music files so I could play them directly from the "Music" app?

2. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

/mobile/music - at least that's where I have mine.
  3. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

I just put them (complete artist folders from my iTunes music folder) directly onto my microSD card. When I opened the "Music" app, it listed all the artists and the albums inside them.
  4. Xerses

Xerses Well-Known Member

Sorry to resurrect a month old thread, but I have this issue. I do NOT use en SD card, I put the music into a folder called Music on the 12GB partition of the phone memory. The Google Music app does not see the music. If I put the same folder in the main 2GB partition it sees it. How do I fix this? I don't want to load the main memory with music.