1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

What Lockscreen is Better?

Last Updated:

1. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds This Topic's Starter

Okay I have been looking at custom lockscreen and I am trying to decide between Widget Locker and GOTO lockscreen. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions they would like to give me. I would really like one that has music controls on the lockscreen which I think both may but not sure. Also with Widget Locker, can you place any app on the lockscreen and do you just touch the app to launch it or do you you have to unlock it? Thanks any info will help.

:Edit: also do any of these allow you to use the pattern passcode?

Advertisement
  2. Krimian

Krimian Well-Known Member

I use WidgetLocker and it works great and exactly like i want it too.

To answer your questions;
    Lets see...

You can put music widgets on the lockscreen, I use PowerAMP and thats on my lockscreen. So i can pause play and skip etc through my music without unlocking it.

With WidgetLock you can put any app/widget on the lock screen and you dont have to unlock the screen to use them (Otherwise you would no longer be on the "lockscreen" ;))

And yes you can still use the pattern passcode as you normally would. (You use pattern after you've unlocked the screen then the pattern pops up)

As for GOTO i haven't used so i cannot comment on that.

Hope it helps,
    Krimian.

3. An UrgeTo Dance

How exactly do you unlock the screen is it a drag down like Sense UI, drag across like Iphone, or is it a thing like Samsung uses.

Also have you had any problems with the apps you put on lockscreen opening up or your music changing since the screen isn't "fully" locked.

4. Krimian

Krimian Well-Known Member

There isn't any problems with any apps and you can change the unlocking method.

There's different types i'll list 'em

WidgetLocker (Has sliders that can control different things like volume, screen brightness and of course "unlock")

Standard Android (Goes without saying)

Sense UI (Goes without saying)

iPhone (Goes without saying)

Android Rotary (You kinda spin it around to unlock it [like cracking a safe] and can do same functions as WidgetLocker)

No Slider (As it says)

5. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

I just finally bought widget locker after reading about it many times, and it's awesome IMO. I absolutely love it.

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Every single screen lock I tried was laggy and slower than the stock one.

7. jopet216

jopet216 Active Member

I had Widgetlocker but I'm not using it due to the lag when unlocking. Other Captivate users have had the same issues.

8. An UrgeTo Dance

Has anyone experienced lag with widgetlocker on the Evo and how does it work with the alarms, do you still have the snooze button and how do you tell it to stop going off, do you just slide it like stock Sense?

9. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

I tried Widgetlocker and didn't like it because of laggy performance. I'll stick with the stock HTC Sense UI lockscreen (slide down to answer calls and the optional PIN entry). Good to go!

10. ukarthick

ukarthick New Member

I got Widgetlocker and installed...but when I get a call..I still get the slide down to answer screen. Instead of that I want to drag across to answer the calls..is it something WL can do?

11. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

is there a quick way to enable/disable widget locker, rather than from the notification bar?

12. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

nobody?

13. JFeisty

JFeisty Well-Known Member

Long press on desired screen and choose "Shortcuts." In that list at/towards the bottom there should be a "WidgetLocker Lock Now" entry. It's a nice quick easy way to lock your screen!

shauny13 likes this.