What made you guys go for the dx?

Last Updated:

1. fearofthenight

fearofthenight Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I'm about to upgrade my phone and wanted the dx for a while but now I'm also tempted by the incredible. So what made you guys choose the incredible? What draws you guys the most?

Advertisement
  2. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

I chose the X for the screen size.....

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

+1. But even if it didn't have the screen, It was the best phone out when I was available to upgrade. I got burned with the Eris and D1 so I made it a point to never settle again.

4. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

It was between the x and the inc for me. I preferred the size of the x's screen. I almost got the inc before the x was released but I felt that the build quality of the inc (and most htc phones) was kinda cheap. The battery life was the main issue with the inc though.

5. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

I got the x because its super bad ass

6. wysilverado

wysilverado Active Member

Had the incredible,battery life blows..... X much better with stock battery,extended battery adds no bulk and lasts a lonnnng time. Inc extended battery is huge!Call clarity and signal is so much better on the X,unless you live and work where signal strength is excellent I'd say go with the X just for that reason only...

7. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

I was about to get the incredible because my NE2 allowed it. I went to play with it and was impressed but then a friend informed me of the DX. So I looked it up and was like this is the phone for me. I got it mainly because it was the most bad ass device available (and still is). The screen size and quality. The TI processor is def a plus. And the build quality is far better than anything.

8. Daisy 53

Daisy 53 Active Member

None of the HTC's work well in my house or neighborhood.
    Motorolas work great!

Daisy

9. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Nothing. I don't have a Dinc.

;)

Aaaaahhh, I couldn't pass that one up. But seriously, my very first taste of Android came by way of the D1. I owned one for all of 3 days. That's when they were blowing them out with a BOGO deal and my fiancee and I got them to try out. It's strange because I'm not sure what apps I was looking through, but it seemed as if a large number of them said something like, "for Droid X only", or "optimized for Droid X" or something like that. And what's strange about that is, ever since getting the DX I don't ever recall seeing anything like that in the Market anywhere? The other strange thing was, the DX had only been out for like 3 or 4 days!

So anyway, since I was new to the Android scene, I decided if I was going to switch over from Blackberry to Android (by the end of the 3rd day there really was no 'IF' about it), I was going to make sure I got the most up to date device that was available so that I could get the most out of the Market that I possibly could. And back in July, that meant getting the Droid X. So we returned the Droids (my fiancee decided she prefered her Blackberry Tour) and I signed up on the waiting list for the X.

I actually ended up getting it through the online store as it was faster than being on the waiting list (there are 3 Verizon Wireless stores here in town, and all three of them had over 30 people on their lists... and they were only getting 2 or 3 every few days) by a long shot. The first store I had signed up for one called me 2 and a half weeks after I'd recieved my DX in the mail to tell me they had one available for me. I was like, "ooops, sorry I've had one for a while now... I've been having so much fun with it I forgot to tell you to take me off your list". I tell ya though, the 5 or 6 days I had to wait for it to come in the mail was excruciating after playing with the D1 over that one weekend. I had always loved my Curve. But once I got a taste of Android, I was instantly hooked!!!

10. jr1125

jr1125 Well-Known Member

its shiny

11. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

First and foremost, the ability to make call just about anywhere. This phone is better than any other out there right now. Second, the screen size. I can now actually use the browser without having to stick my nose on the screen to read. It actually makes a smartphone worth owning.

12. thecarlsoncrew

thecarlsoncrew Well-Known Member

I got my X the first day it was publicly available; at the time, the Inc was backlogged for weeks due to the screen shortage (I would have gotten the X anyway, though). I love the screen size, it's slim and sleek (actually feels less bulky in a pocket than my previous LG Dare), and I've had good history with Motorola hardware. I don't mind the extra width or height - the extra real estate and gorgeous display more than makes up for the minor inconvenience!

13. rehpyc

rehpyc Well-Known Member

large screen
    great reception / call quality
    great battery life
    quality build

14. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

I am compensating.

15. wxman2003

It's so big, no woman will ever believe it's a phone in your pocket! :D

16. fearofthenight

fearofthenight Active Member This Topic's Starter

i can get the inc for $30 and the DX for $100 do you guys think it's worth the extra $70? and is there a way to get rid of the silly bloatware like blockbuster and stuff?

17. wxman2003

You can get rid of the bloatware if you root the phone.

18. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I bought a DX because I suffered for two years with a Samsung Omnia waiting for Micro$oft to update WinMo. I finally got to the point that I simply needed a new phone. The spec's on the DX fit my needs, the form factor was acceptable, and I've frequently had better luck with Motorola phones than with HTC.

So far this phone has exceeded my expectations...

19. apinkel

apinkel Well-Known Member

This. Plus the phone doesn't have any major issues that I've found (unlike the fascinate's GPS).

20. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

I had an Incredible. I was tired of the terrible signal, battery life, and build quality of the phone. Since the X came out within my 30 day return period, I swapped it for the X. Have been very happy with the X until 2.2 came out, then I was hit with a handful of annoying problems but Motorla says a fix is coming for every problem I've experienced so I'm not bothered much.

21. cdmoore74

cdmoore74 Well-Known Member

1. 4.3 inch display
    2. Stock 1 ghz processor
    3. 8 gig on board ram (kept running out on my D1)
    4. Call quality
    5. Battery life
    6. Build quality
    7. Camera
    8. Service by verizon
    9. Not Steve Jobs slave

2nd best would still be the droid 1 but the fascinate once it receives 2.2 and gps fix.

22. ugh what

ugh what Well-Known Member

hahaha.

I was impressed by my brief research online. I kind of ordered it on a whim in a state of rage when my BB Storm finally pushed me to my breaking point. I've since become obsessed with it and android in general.

I honestly know nothing about the Incredible except that my friends who bought it exchanged it for the X.

23. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

the OG Droid was the 1st phone that I really liked since the old WM HERMES

24. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I originally was all about the Incredible. They didn't have any in stock so I waited...and you know how they say everything happens for a reason? Apparently mine was so I didn't miss out on the DX :p lol

Honestly I didn't do a lot of research on upcoming phones so was very glad when I did begin to look at what was getting ready to come out. The DX had everything I wanted. It's slim, it has an 8mp camera, love the screen size, call quality is spectacular, and the battery life is something I'm still amazed about.

In today's market, I think the only other phone that would tempt me would be the Samsung Fascinate. It's a really nice phone with a great screen, similar size, and is beautiful.

I don't regret getting my DX. It's my baby and I can't get enough of it! Honestly, I believe it is the best phone I have ever owned!

My recommendation would be to go to a store, play with each model that you're considering, and decide from there. What's right for one person may not be right for another

25. foo

foo Well-Known Member

agree with this 100%.

also have to add that i had a BB beforehand :eek:...so going from that to this is like going from a 1 bedroom apartment to a mansion