• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what makes you decide to have Note III?

I was supposed to be able to get the Note 3 this week. ( I've been saving for it for over 2 months now, sim-free version) But my cat got sick and the vet cut a good slice out of my budget. :/ Now I have to wait 2 weeks more. :hmpf:

Sorry to hear your Cat was sick. But we love our pets and the delay will go fast.

Once you have your Note 3, the wait will have made it sweeter :)

Upvote 0
I agree. The cat is more important.

stepamybadkinimg6118.jpg

Reactions: zipred
Upvote 0
I just passed my 14'th day on Verizon, (the point of no return for vzw customers) and can say honestly that this is the first phone I've had without any thoughts of returning. Sure a few things could be better, imo, the speaker could be louder, for example, but all in all, this really is a great phone. I have had no buyers remorse and I'm not thinking maybe I should'a got the blah, blah, blah, instead. Not saying this is the holy grail of phones, but I like it. A lot. I don't buy the latest and greatest but since I'll have this for 2 years I wanted the latest and greatest right now. I'm not saying this is the "greatest phone out there", as that's a matter of opinion, but this phone best fits me. I'm surprised how much I actually like it. I think its pretty impressive. As far as the whole "build quality" debate goes, and how long a phone will last, I think that's got a lot to do with how its taken care of. Its very subjective, my buddy has a very popular all aluminum phone that was recently released on Verizon, it looks like its been to war and back, yet my girlfriends iPhone 4 still looks brand new. Barring any factory defects, which I haven't found any yet, I see no reason why I wont get 2 years out of this. Besides phone manufacturers don't want a phone to last forever, now do they?
Excellent post, well said !

Today is day 15 for my Note 3, and I'm even happier and more satisfied than day one. A very nice feeling as one never knows till you've had a couple of weeks of day to day usage in one's normal work flow.

While no phone is perfect, this one's the closest I've come in quite some time. For me the positives far outweigh the few negatives, and even those are delightfully tiny. I'm especially enjoying its spacious display which along with SWYPE has enabled me to increase my speed of composition dramatically.

I got lucky on the first try in finding a great full coverage high quality case that's very comfortable in hand. Not too thin, not too thick, it's ideal. Far better looking in person than in the pictures it's extremely reasonable price of just under $10 on Amazon was a nice surprise.

Galaxy Note 3 Case Bounce | SPIGEN SGP

It's so nice to find all the extra very usable, efficient features this phone comes with it's no wonder it's so highly rated. I thought my Galaxy S4 was terrific (and it was) but the Note 3 suits me ten times better. :D

Reactions: DevinNJ
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear your Cat was sick. But we love our pets and the delay will go fast.

Once you have your Note 3, the wait will have made it sweeter :)

I agree. The cat is more important.

stepamybadkinimg6118.jpg

Yeah, the cats will allways come first. <3

I'm just annoyed that the vet was so expensive.. (regardless of the saving for the Note) :(

Upvote 0
I'm just annoyed that the vet was so expensive.. (regardless of the saving for the Note) :(
Vets are always expensive regardless (especially for the fees charged).

I'm still staying away from the Note 3 due to the QA issues surrounding it. Also not too pleased with the software changes made on some things. Overall, I'm still staying with the Note 2 (Note 3 is just meh to me at this point). But that's just me...

Note 2 is more of a perfect phone (than the Note 3) for me. LOL.

Upvote 0
I bought my GN3 when my contract with Verizon allowed me a new phone in February. I did a lot of online research to find out which phone was the fastest and most advanced, as I want it to be relevant for as long as possible. Friends recommended I buy a GS4 because of the smaller size, but in the end I thought the Note would keep me more satisfied.

Two years before that, I'd purchased the original RAZR MAXX, even though I knew it wasn't the most technologically advanced phone out there. Battery life was an important consideration for me. I was very happy with the phone until system and app updates all but bricked it. Toward the end, I had to reboot every day and wait minutes for an app to open.

Now, with the Note 3, I feel I have a better chance of being able to withstand another two years of system and application expansion. So far, I absolutely love the phone. And there are tools and gadgets (such as the stylus) that I've only begun to explore. That's why I bought the Note 3.

Upvote 0
I bought it for the size. I had a Galaxy S4 before this but I find that I do a lot more on my phone than in years past. I do more browsing the web on the go, more NetFlix, more of everything. I find myself squinting less to read text on the screen with the Note 3, that's always good since well... eye health and all that.

Battery life is another thing. This thing is amazing, I can go almost a day and a half on a single charge. With the S4 I barely made it a day on a single charge.

Took me awhile to get a case that I really liked to go with the phone. My final choice was the Speck CandyShell Grip case. I like it because it really allows me to keep a good firm grip on the phone and it doesn't at all slide out of my hand.

At first I had to get used to the idea that the Note 3 is indeed a two-handed phone. Meaning, hold the phone in one hand and use the other to operate it. I've gotten used to that way of working with the phone.

What's funny is that I picked up my previous Galaxy S4 and I held it and the first thing that came to my mind was that it was tiny. LOL

Upvote 0
I have the Bounce case, and I like it. One thing that bugged me about the Note 3 is that the volume controls are directly across from the power button. At first, I would accidently turn the phone off when trying to adjust the volume, or I would change the volume when turning the phone off. With the Bounce case, the buttons are slightly more difficult to press, so I have time to think about what I am doing.

About phone size: I am a dialysis patient, which means I spend five hours every other day with my right hand unavailable. At first, I was concerned that I would not be able to operate the phone with one hand, but it turns out that was not a problem. This phone is just about perfect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones