what memory card are you packing?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Woody4OU

Woody4OU Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

the 2 it came with?

8?

16?

or are you waiting for the 32?

this is my first phone of this type and I am curious how long 2gig will suffice.

Advertisement
  2. Talyn

Talyn Well-Known Member

I got an 8 gig class 6. I bought it for my Touch Pro.

3. tphone

tphone Active Member

I put the 8 that I had in my TouchPro in it. I have added some movies that were on the TP as well and ringtones, alerts, and notifications.
    The only thing that I miss having on the card so far is a stand-alone GPS app so I can have coverage without service. But I only need that rarely, so it's not so bad. I'll probably get a 16 when the prices come down more, but my entire iPod only has about 22G on it, so a 16 will last me a while.

4. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

Got a 16GB class 6 before I even had the phone in hand :)

5. prot0type

prot0type Member

Only have 16gb. It has about 7gbs of music, but I doubt I'll fill it up.

6. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

16gb sandisk here--bought it from Amazon for $42 Check out the Carcharger there too as low as .01 for retractable one. Bought some Arkon Vehicle mounts LOVE EM!

7. Woody4OU

Woody4OU Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

nice!

Best Buy has a 16gig for $99 and its a 2.

gotta find me a 6 somewhere else and save some dough. Amazon here I come.

I still have no idea how much space I will need. The wifey wants to use the ereader, so she willm need book storage space; however large those files are. I'm not a big music user...curious if I can merge this beast with my rhapsody account.

8. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

Newegg.com - RiDATA Lightning Series 16GB Micro SDHC (MicroSD) Flash Card w/2 Adapters (SD/Mini SD/Mini SDHC) Model RDMICSDHC16G-LIG-2 - Flash Memory

9. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Both BB and Sprint want far too much money for slow arse cards. I checked both when looking for a card, and after laughed myself right out of both stores. I didnt want to buy one online and have to wait for it, I wanted it right then and there. Headed over to Frys and picked up an 8gig, at a fraction of the price I might add, to hold me over until I decide to get a bigger one.

I threw about 2 gig of music on it, and copied over my Hero files, and yes, you're in the right thread. So far, I dont see the need to get something bigger, but Im sure that'll change if/when we can put apps on the card.

10. wodin

wodin Well-Known Member

I have several 8 GB MicroSD's left over from old WinMo phones, so I just popped one of those in.

Do you have any idea how many books you can put in an 8 GB miroSD? Thousands! A typical ebook runs around a half a MB, That's 2,000 books per GB. Fast reader, your wifey?

11. kobuu

kobuu Member

I've only got a 4 gig for now. Don't really see the point in larger. I have a zune 80 and an ipod touch 8 for music and podcasts...my phone is my broadband connection to the world. I agree, running apps from the card would be amazing. So far I haven't even used a1/4 of 4gb and I download from iMusic all the time. Love shazam too.

12. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

I have the 8gb class6 from my instinct. I have about 1.5 left. Trying to hold out until 32gb is out

13. ddanny82

ddanny82 Active Member

14. ddanny82

ddanny82 Active Member

15. gwbennett

gwbennett Member

When I got my Moment I put the 8 gb card from my HTC Mogul (which Sprint should have recalled since it's completely unusable as WM is a piece of JUNK) into it.

3 days later I had to return said Moment. (See the "airplane mode" thread) and inadvertently left the card in it.

Between then and the next day when I realized and called them, the card magically disappeared, though they were able to locate my returned phone in the back. So "you're welcome" to whichever jerk Sprint employee got the free upgrade. I'll probably go walk out with one at some point, since I already own it.

16. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Just ordered an 8GB class 6 from newegg for $22 (free shipping). I knew I should have bought it on Black Friday when they were $15!!!:p

17. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

I got an 8GB to hold me until the 32GB cards are released.

18. MrGadget256

MrGadget256 Well-Known Member

I did get one:D

19. Warlock

Warlock Well-Known Member

Yep I have the 8Gb class 6 that I was using on my Touch Pro. I'll continue using it until the 32Gb's are released.