What Music player do you use with Evo?

What Music player do you use on your Evo?

1. Stock

244 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. Doubletwist

66 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. Cube

23 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Mixzing

101 vote(s)
    15.7%
  5. btunes

17 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. Meridian

10 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. Other??

184 vote(s)
    28.5%
  1. link00seven

link00seven Well-Known Member

I was using TuneWiki...but based on suggestions here, i'm going to try some of the alternatives you've mentioned. I've been really trying to find a music player that I like 100%...

Bigger issue then the music players are that Android needs to support Album Artist tags...but thats neither here nor there. Maybe in 3.0...

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions.
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Chalk up another vote for Music Mod
  3. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

does it allow you to edit playlists??
  4. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I use Audio Player because of the EQ.
  5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

jrstinkfish said that he uses Music Mod on the lock screen with Widget Locker, so if you have it, you should try it.
  6. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I've had bTunes since I downloaded it when I got my Evo on launch day. But since I saw this thread, I downloaded Mixzing and loved it for the extra things you can do that I upgraded about 20 minutes testing the free version.

I would definitely recommend the Mixzing.
  7. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

As in being able to remove songs and add songs to an existing playlist? If so, then yes.
  8. keyholeSecrets

keyholeSecrets Well-Known Member

Another vote for Music Mod here.
  9. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

And another.
  10. italy7

italy7 Active Member

MusicMod! Tried mixzing - and while i did like the extra features, it made my bt headphones buggy...
  11. I use Mixzing and 3 (cubed) quite often, though I use stock a lot too. I'm not married to any of them.

Just compress all of your music to 64 kbps. That is about all you are getting on Pandora anyways.

I don't understand the purpose of swinging your e-schlong in this thread. Just because you can't put all of your precious Miley Cyrus remixes on your SD card doesn't mean you can't load a lot of them. Hell, if you just gave yourself 5gb of space, you could fit 1,000 songs easily at 128kbps. 500 or so at 320 kbps. That is still quite a few songs for portable use.
    Vip3rV333 likes this.
  12. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

imma try musicmod thanks guys!
  13. ARR22

ARR22 Well-Known Member

I second that Music Mod is very slick.
  14. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

Music Mod first then Stock Player 2nd.
  15. IAmSixNine

I have a Motorola S305 stereo BT Headset and Music Mod lets me Play, Pause, Next an Previous with my headset.
    Prior to that the Stock App also gave me the same options. But i noticed a lot of lag with the Stock App.

Give Music Mod a try and see if it works with your BT device.
    Also when you pair it make sure Multimedia Controls are added. After Froyo i re-paired my device and it gave me phone only controls. I unpaired, deleted and re-paired. Works just fine now.
  16. UTorange

UTorange Active Member

i listen to mog. im not much for subscription services but i figured id try this one out. i like it lots so far.
  17. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

This, except I use last.fm instead
  18. bobTX10

bobTX10 Well-Known Member

Lithium!!!!!!
  19. pinoyxpryde

pinoyxpryde Member

music mod.

first play I've found that doesn't completely stop playback when I get a navigation instruction after 2.2. slack stops playing as well
  20. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

Mort Player

I think a lot of people use Music Mod for it's appearance, they're a lot more functional music players out there.
  21. jrstinkfish

Well, to each his own, but I can't really think of anything missing from Music Mod that lessens its functionality as a music player. And don't discount the value of an appealing UI :)
  22. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

How many of these support bookmaring? This (and the fact that it doesn't get perma-paused by the navigation) is why I use btunes.
  23. jrstinkfish

Bookmarking would be a cool feature. I download the Stern show, and it'd be nice to be able to bookmark where I am and listen to music for a while.
  24. IAmSixNine

The only thing missing from it would be a Graphic Equalizier.
    i am ONLY trying MixZing because it has a Graphic EQ on it.
  25. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

Flip because of the transparent widget on my widget locker lock screen.

[​IMG]
    BondoDaKilla likes this.