What Music player do you use with Evo?

What Music player do you use on your Evo?

1. Stock

244 vote(s)
  2. Doubletwist

66 vote(s)
  3. Cube

23 vote(s)
  4. Mixzing

101 vote(s)
  5. btunes

17 vote(s)
  6. Meridian

10 vote(s)
  7. Other??

184 vote(s)

Last Updated:

1. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

same here. i was using cubed for awhile and loved it, but poweramp is pretty amazing itself. super smooth with EQ presets/customization. hard to top!!

2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Can NOT agree more. I will definitely be buying this one when it does become available. Until then, I will be gladly updating to every new version that comes out!
  3. weezyweazel

weezyweazel Well-Known Member

Got a "PowerAMP Trial Expiration" notice this morning. I wonder when they're planning on going to market with it? :(

It could use a couple more widgets IMO, but overall, a very slick music player. I would purchase if it wasn't more than a couple of bucks.

*Edit: Installed the update and it's working again. Updated version now has a couple more very nice widgets.
  4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Hell, I'd buy it if it was $10.
  5. aburgthing

aburgthing Well-Known Member

Whew...Power Amp back in operation. Still a trial but it was updated, new 4x1 widget with album art it the first thing that jumps out at you. Yep this is definitely a "buy" as soon as it becomes available for purchase. Simply the best music player out there.
  6. aeiou

aeiou Well-Known Member

Does it support the lock screen functions? Meaning will it have the album art on the lock screen with the ability to fwd or go back each song?
  7. redninja

redninja Well-Known Member

I've been using "car tunes" for everything, really diggin on it.... esp in the car
  8. HeyEng

HeyEng Well-Known Member

9. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I'll have to try this PowerAMP out.
  10. fonseca898

fonseca898 Well-Known Member

I've been using PowerAMP for a few days now. Love it. The EQ and "analog" controls are great. Goodbye Mort.
  11. aburgthing

Oh hell yeah...best looking lock screen widget around!!! This keeps getting better and better. They ought to hire me for marketing. Bye bye forever buggy Widget Locker.
  12. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member

*points menacingly at aburgthing* Unless they already have! *dun dun DUN*
  13. aburgthing

14. aburgthing

Shhh.... :)
  15. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

Does PowerAMP work with BT headset controllers?

desperately seeking a music player that does....
  16. dreahdreah

dreahdreah Well-Known Member

im diggin this poweramp so far, anyone know how long this trial is good for? 1 issue i have noticed when i use stock, music mob, mixzing players. none of these truely have a "shuffle" feature. when i set it to shuffle, it seems the songs reappear. is there a reason why this does it?
  17. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

yes, i have a Motorola S305 bluetooth headset and it works with Play, Pause, track forward and track back.
  18. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

I have noticed the same thing. I have about 600 songs and listening to 2 hours yesterday and 2 hours this morning i heard about 15 songs repeated. I also heard 3 songs just today alone get repeated.
  19. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

mixzing had an update recently to try and improve the shuffle feature.

shuffle/random is exactly that ...random.... I have never had a music player that didn't occasionally repeat one or two songs .... but repeating that many is absurd
  20. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

Tip: Shuffle and Random are not really the same thing, even if the terms are sometimes mixed up.

Shuffle = You have a list of songs, mix them up. Play through the newly reordered list. (Essentially random except songs are not repeated before playing through every song)

Random = True random, meaning every time a new song is played, it selects the song randomly from the whole list. It may repeat a song, it may even play the same song twice, etc.
  21. Soufjerzz

Soufjerzz Well-Known Member

Winamp ftw
  22. overclock

overclock Well-Known Member

Been using poweramp instead of mixzing. I might even have to uninstall mixzing. The EQ is just awesome.
  23. bluelt1ss

bluelt1ss Member

ive been using winamp and really like it. poweramp looks like a great app but i had trouble getting the sound quality through my car speakers for some reason. i never could get it to sound right so im still using winamp. maybe with all these props to it i should give it another use and more time.
  24. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

PowerAMP definitely has more options and eq stuff than anything out there. Once I get my Archos 70 I'll probably put it on that and play around with it a bit.
  25. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

I did a hard reset recently for an unrelated issue and discovered that a conflict with another app (stitcher) was causing my problems with the controllers on my BT headset. Everything is working fine now and I am loving PowerAMP.

The odd thing is I did a hard reset months ago specifically to try and fix the BT issue and it did not help then, but oh well. :rolleyes: