what network

Last Updated:

1. mark1

mark1 Member This Topic's Starter

gona be ordering the hero soon.just want to know what network is best.reason i ask is ive seen some reports about some network not being able to have updates?google branded phones ect. so what is best network for full support on the hero in the uk.

Advertisement
  2. nafe

nafe Well-Known Member

I was going to post a new thread but one of your questions is what I was interested in so I'll merely hijack/highlight it :).

I'm due to start haggling with Orange tomorrow and now that I know it's possible to get "unlimited" net I've only one concern and that's updates. Orange have a TERRIBLE record for HTC updates but is there any reason to suspect this phone will be different? Will I need to hack it to pieces to get that fabled upcoming HTC update on there or will it work out of the box? Does anyone know?

I plan on asking the folks at Orange this very question but I have no faith I'll get anything resembling a decent answer. Any info would be appreciated - I'd rather order tomorrow than have to wait for the update to come out and find out. If Orange don't let you update your own phone I'll be buying the thing offline.

Urm - sorry for the thread hijack mark1, but in my defence you did *kind of* ask that question :p.

3. mcmonkiez

mcmonkiez Well-Known Member

I called Orange as I.have the same question about the update and orange advised HTC will be releasing the update in September at the same time for orange that what I have been told by 4 different cs advisor so.I guess it willbe in September we should all have update.