what new phone to pick??? (I know...i know)

Last Updated:

1. seen03

seen03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently looking to buy a new smartphone, and don't know which one I will enjoy most. Some of the key points for this next phone are, I want to root it, OC it, have a variety of ROMs and kernels. Also...i go thru Verizon.
    Currently I am using an LG Ally that is OC'd, runs a GREAT ROM (Velocity3), Turbo4 kernel ect.
    So, coming from this lil Ally...I'm wanting to stretch my legs with something with more, "meat n taters" so to speak...lol Def. Wanting more speed...a GPU...a bigger screen...more storage....faster OS...ect.
    My choices so far are, (probably common picks) Droid Inc. (now with flash) and Droid X.

I know these, "help me decide..." threads are redundant and such...but, I've been all over this forum searched too...but, I cannot decide and I think there may be other phone options I haven't even considered.

Thank you's very much for your time and replies!

Shawn E.

Advertisement
  2. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

I would say if your choice is between Inc. and X, the incredible would easily be the better choice in your particular situation. I say this because Moto X has a locked bootloader, so from what I hear loading custom ROMs and kernels won't work. My incredible is rooted and running the "redemptive revolution" ROM and works great. Other than that, you can't go wrong either way, they're both good phones!

3. seen03

Thank you for your reply. I ~have~ been favoring the Inc. A wee bit more lately from what I've been reading from both phone's "root" forums.

Thanks again!

4. seen03

Thank you for your reply. I ~have~ been favoring the Inc. A wee bit more lately from what I've been reading from both phone's "root" forums.

Thanks again!

5. conor.in

conor.in Well-Known Member

I would almost always reccomend the DX, but with your interest in rooting, the INC is te better option.

6. tommy_ed

just out of curiosity, why would you recommend X over Inc.? Radio power?

7. seen03

Very curious as well...

8. conor.in

Mostly because of the screen. I vastly prefer the screen size of Evo/DX devices. Rooting to me is not a key thing (still haven't decided if I'll root my Evo), and I also like the more-stock build of the DX.

The Incredible is quit the phone and I do very much like it, but the bigger screens are more appealing to me.

It might have something to do with being 6'7'' and having bear paws for hands...

9. seen03

Oh yahoo...good point on the big screen for big hands..
    my Ally drives me crazy...I tap the wrong things aaaaall the time..lol

10. seen03

Oh yahoo...good point on the big screen for big hands..
    my Ally drives me crazy...I tap the wrong things aaaaall the time..lol

11. tommy_ed

agreed, that's one thing i really don't like about my incredible, typing on the qwerty in portrait mode can be pretty difficult. I've been thinking about getting either the Incredible HD or the HTC Mirage on release, but I'm a much bigger fan of Super Amoled screens over Super LCD so it's still up in the air

12. seen03

So...there's not. Much for ROMs ect for the Droid X?

Now for a bigger question....the Droid Inc. HD! Its supposed to have a screen as big as the DroidX...

..should I just wait fer the Droid Inc. HD?????

13. jamie8377

jamie8377 Member

The Droid X is the better phone. The samsung Hummingbird said it was better as far as processing speeds the truth is that it is slower than the TI omap in the Droid X. And as far as memory, the Droid X has superior/Newer/Faster memory

14. jamie8377

jamie8377 Member

And Rooting is playing there Game. The Droid X wont have to play games to keep up!

15. conor.in

But if you want to Root, Moto's eFuse (I think that's the name) tech makes it pretty arduous.

16. seen03

I'm slightly leaning towards the inc. I dunno.....my luck..I'll get iether phone and something new (or a bunch) of bigger n better phones will b out. But...then again my mifi contract will b up in Feb.

17. sweetums

sweetums Banned

If I were looking to buy a new phone then I would choose the Inc. But that is only because it will make life easier with this one. See which one is best for you. Write down a list of must haves and then get the one that better suits your needs.

18. seen03

Been doing that. I love being able to change roms, kernels, ect so...I guess I cld give up a bit of screen size for. More modding support.