What next...?

Last Updated:

1. man00va

man00va Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so I have my unlock code sorted and have now unlocked my phone - tested using an o2 sim card and it worked a treat.

However, I am a bit stuck on what to do next, I am rooted and have made a gold card, however I can't seem to find the thread which explains to me what to do to install customer ROMs. [Bare in mind someone will now say "It's at the top of the page"]. I am looking for a collection of ROMs which will be suitable for my handset.

I am branded to Orange at the moment, with HBOOT 0.83.0001. I have used the unrevoked3 method and thus have ClockworkRecovery installed. Can anyone recommend some ROMs which I can use? Are there any limitations? And what do I do regarding the radio? I have unlocked my phone so apparently I can install a ROM with the Goldcard in and WiFi won't break anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement
  2. Pedro7

Pedro7 Well-Known Member

im confused, why do you need the goldcard after you've rooted? and im not sure whether your hboot number makes a difference after rooted.. did your phone ship with that hboot? if so, you may need to be careful, i think you may have an SLCD desire then, which could cause problems..

best to make an informed decision and weigh things up before you try anything that could turn your great phone into a paper weight :)

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Not sure if the slcd would need a separate driver or not, but even if it did and you replaced the Rom with one that was incompatible, you should still be able to use it (screen) in recovery and put a compatible Rom back on.

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

The slcd screens are a bit more complicated to do rooting etc with, as most options we use cater for amoled screens.
    Quite often even rooting the phone leaves you with a black screen, makes things really difficult to get back as you have to do everything with no visual confirmation.

5. DesirableHTC

DesirableHTC Well-Known Member

what are the differences between the two screens then?

6. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Amoled screens display the picture by led's lighting up to create the image so blacks are true black, slcd is the same as lcd the picture is created by liquid crystal which forms the image & a lamp lighting up the whole screen so you can see.
    Blacks on an lcd screen are never truly black & are actually wasting power in these areas, also because the majority of roms at present are for amoled screens the slcd ones often end up a black screen.