• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What now?

MH75

Apr 6, 2010
Well hoping someone will just point me in the right direction or give a miraculous cure to my prob.

Debranded orange desire that worked about as well as they do, wifi decided to stop working the other day(quite awhile after I updated to froyo) so I tried all the suggestions of factory reset, reinstall the ruu with goldacard etc, nothing worked, also then noticed the light and proximity sensors didnt work, ie screnn brightness didnt change and more importantly the screen didnt black out when making or receiving a call.

Read up on that which suggested vacuum,blow into corner of phone, didnt work. So, with my warranty screwed because of debranding I decided to take it to bits with a little help from the HTC vid on you tube.

What did I find, well, a missing screw(you have to remove 2 silver philips screws to release main pcb thing, one of those wasnt there!), a disconnected gps cable, the gps did work but the cable joint is a tightish fit and it wasnt in place, loads of dust, dirt and crap everywhere, especially over the sensors. Cleaned it all out with some cotton buds, all back together and nothing, well not nothing, it worked but just as poorly as before.

So, I'm just looking for a fe ideas on what I could do to maybe sort it out, wifi and proximity/light sensors dont work. I was thinkg about either trying to re brand it if at all possible or root,but, and I know there are loads of threads/posts on this but I need a muppets guide to how to do this in its most basic form.

Please any help mucho appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones