What options do i have when it comes to Navigation apps?General

Last Updated:

1. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I havent had my Droid Eris for that long, and I was wondering what Navigation apps are out there that would be good to get?

Or should I just wait for 2.0 (which i don't think is coming)

Advertisement
  2. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

its already been said that 2.0 is coming end of march. just wait a couple of months.

3. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

1.6 will afford you Google Maps Navigation, but it is highly unlikely that anyone would update a 1.5 device to just 1.6. Just wait for the 2.x release....

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

If you want a pretty good free option you can take a look at Waze or Nav4All. You could also take a look at Copilot Live it is $35. Waze and Nav4all require a network connection to operate. Copilot actually loads the maps to your SD card, but does require a connection for POIs and Traffic.

I have tried all three and really liked Copilot, but not enough to keep it. I use Waze right now and it works pretty well.

Also, 2.0 will be available by the end of March.

5. Zerethusta

Zerethusta Well-Known Member

Nav4All WAS excellent.

But died a few days ago.

Their license to the map data expired, so Nav4All suddenly died an abrupt death, and I'm pretty sure the devs said they're not gonna try to find a workaround, seeing as how it was all based upon the data they were licensing.

Too bad, I had it on my BB Pearl for ever, not on my Pre because the sprint nav worked well, but for the 2 times I used it on my Eris I was happy.

6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

google maps in the bees knees

7. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member

I was pretty impressed with WisePilot. I recently put it up against my Garmin Nuvi 765WT and it actually did better!

Doc

8. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

i agree. i mean why buy a 35 dollar nav. app (which i am almost sure it is the cheapest descent one) when you already have google maps with turn by turn directions. just no voice guide. so if that is a deal breaker then i guess you require a diff one. but i think i can wait it out until march