• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Phone are You Stuck With....

I currently have a Samsung Intercept. It's really not a bad phone, but the fact that it has a lower resolution than the Moment is just disappointing, and it IS noticeable. Great keyboard, however. I'll be returning it within my 30 days of owning it and then wait for the Epic to be released, and then get that. Hopefully wont have to wait too long, because my 30 days are up August 19th... and it's rumored that this phone will come out on the 20th. That'll be great if it's true. :)

Upvote 0
I have a co-worker who is having issues as well on her iphone 3g after ios 4. Sad really...

My gf had the same problem... Here's what I did to her phone to make it much better:

- Hard reset
- Reduced the number of e-mails shown in her inbox to 25 per account
- Had her delete apps that she really wasn't using
- Deleted keyboard languages that she really didn't use
- Go through apps in settings and disable any that she never really uses from downloadind that in the background, even while the app isn't loaded.

While the iOS4 still slowed down her system, it was MUCH more usable this way.

Upvote 0
I just got a palm pre and passed my flawless moment to the wife cause her intercept she just got shit the bed.

I gotta say the Palm Pre is a very nice phone and if they ever come out with a new handset and specs to rival the Epic I would go Palm all the way cause webOS is something very nice.

that's what EVERYONE says!

Upvote 0
I have a Moment that has been rooted... and I have a Palm Pre... that is sitting on the charger at home, forwarding calls to the Moment.
Moment +'s include a very beautiful screen (AMOLED kills LCD), nice form factor, lots of buttons, Android 2.1 as an OS decent P/S camera. Its -'s are the lack of memory, bad radio, awful camcorder, overally sluggishness even with ROMS....

The Pre's +'s include, nice screen, nice camera..

-'s (For me, coming rom Winmo and Android) the OS is not as intuitive as I would, or perhaps it is TOO intuitive.... The hardware buttons suck... to me... and there is not enough FREE apps on the Web OS catalogue....

I just installed quick installer and preware and there are hundreds of homebrew apps to use! Man the pre is s beat. I absolutely love WebOS. I do miss my moment because there wasn't one flaw with it but my Wife is very happy using it so its a win/win!

Upvote 0
Moto Q9c - scratched to oblivion (on its second front case replacement), slow as molasses (WM6.1 SE is an absolute abomination), 320x240, EVDO Rev-0. I can't wait to get rid of this bloody device. Although it works great as a phone itself, the fact that it completely chokes on a mildly fast SMS conversation is a joke.

The upgrade to the Epic 4G will be like going from a Ford Model T to a Ferrari 458 Italia.

Upvote 0
Samsung-SGH-A767-Propel.jpg

so if you've seen past posts, you can see why i'm so frustrated with the evo not being available and the epic not getting a release date. i've wanted a new phone and have held out on getting others (iphone, etc) to get the evo and now possibly the epic (probably the epic)

i just want a new phone at this point, don't matter to me as long as it's soon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones