• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what phone did you come from?

HTC Touch (original). Funny to think I remember seeing comparisons with the iPhone at the time. All the battery threads amuse me. Even with the extended battery and a back cover that didn't fit as a result, I still would run out of charge by early evening. If you forget to charge just one night...fuhgeddabout it. THAT is what you call a battery problem. Then throw in dropped calls, calls that wouldn't even ring, and hard reset every other day...

Upvote 0
Coming from a jailbroken iPhone 3G on AT&T

I will admit the iPhone does a few things better then the Incredible, like:
- cut copy paste from any app (why can't the Incredible copy from an email???)
- apps. Apple's choke-hold on the app store sucked for developers, but every app worked
- Battery. I'm under 10% at the end of the day. iPhone was about 40%

That being said, this phone is a lot faster and the fact that I have service everywhere is a major plus (who cares if you can copy and paste if you cant send the email!!). I would go back to an iPhone, but never to AT&T.

Upvote 0
I have a Moto Razr, my Incredible is on the way. God only knows when it will get here though. As of right now I can't stand not having a smart phone so regardless of the issues with the Incredible I think I will work through them and not want the Razr back.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go insane if I don't get a shipment notification soon though.

Upvote 0
I had an interesting transfer. I went from the LG Dare (oh god) to the iPhone 3G (hell ya!) back to the LG Dare (not again) to the Eris (not bad) to the Incredible (Holy Sh@*) I would of stuck with the Eris but the whole 2.1 update thing was killing me so I did a little research and stumbled across this little phone ;) So glad I did.

Upvote 0
I came from xv6800. It was good phone, but after two years it started falling apart. First I broke the scroll wheel, which prevented me from changing volume on the phone. Then most of the buttons on the phone stopped working (except for call and end). Touchscreen was fine though. It was definitely on its last leg when I switched to the INC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones