• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what phone did you have before buying the Desire?

what phone did you have before buying the Desire?

• Another Android phone - please specify below

Votes: 41 10.1%
  • An iPhone - please specify below

Votes: 51 12.6%
  • A blackberry - please specify below

Votes: 26 6.4%
  • A windows moblie phone - please specify below

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • A symbian smart phone - please specify below

Votes: 139 34.2%
  • Other - please specify below

Votes: 101 24.9%

• Total voters
KC910 (Renoir) here too. Charging for tomorrow right now, Desire is in the post. Never had the battery issues. Generally better since I flashed a custom ROM which got rid of a load of fluff so it did just about everything quicker (also updated the SW which Orange UK never got around to doing, which fixed a load of bugs). Web browser is still surprisingly good up to now, with only over complicated (usually pointless) use of JS making it trip up (only 140MHz and 100mb RAM, bless).

More usable with amAze (while it still worked for free) and GMail Java apps.

Camera is 8mp but even on the highest settings it still crushes every picture into a JPEG 1.8mb max, so it tends to look like a 3-5mp picture that's been blown up.

Upvote 0
Palm Centro, after a long history if using other Palm devices.

I always imagined that it would be very difficult to ween myself off of PalmOS, but have been pleasantly surprised how easy it has been with Android. Though I do miss the simple yet brilliant PalmOS PIM (how difficult can it be for other platforms to create an equally good PIM?)...

Upvote 0
N95 it's been a great phone, reliable but not without it's quirks (reboots and hangs at odd times). Has a great camera hope the desire's camera is as good.

Replacing the N95 as it's 3 years old and lived it's live well, battery no longer holds charge for a whole day, case is held together with sticky tape, chrome is worn off the buttons, bezel around the screen is creamy/while where all the paint is worn away etc... in other word all the signs of a phone that was used regularly for 3 years.

The desire will be my first non Nokia, I haven't got mine yet, should be Monday. I hope I won't be disappointed, from the amount of good reviews I don't expect I will be.

Dave.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones