• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What phone did you replace your N7 with?

Back to my Moto X PE but I have a similar story to bornintheuk. Since my N7 was paid for already I was told by Verizon to go to the local store where I purchased it to have it processed as a return instead of a recall. But the store wouldn't touch it! So I called Verizon back and was told that they would send me a box and credit my Verizon account for the phone. Like I want a $900 credit on my account. Whatever happened to refunds being in the same form as payments?

Upvote 0
When and if Samsung and Verizon prevent me from using my Note 7 any longer, I'm probably going to switch to the S7 Edge, until Samsung brings back a handset with a stylus. I'm very tempted by the LG V20, but I've actually come to really like Samsung Pay.

As of last Friday, Verizon told me they are not planning on cutting anyone off who doesn't turn in their Note 7. They said any such move would only happen if Samsung initiated it. I'll be mindful and deal with my Note 7's special safety considerations for now. Ideally I'll wait until Samsung replaces it with a new model. Or, if they make public what the actual defect is, I'll know for myself if it's something all Note 7's are equally likely to experience, or if it's more like winning a bad lottery, in that a handful are bad, and all the rest aren't. I'm waiting to find out. I sucked it up for an extra year with my Note 3 after the Note 5 turned out to be a turkey. I'm loathe to wait ANOTHER year for an up to date, great functioning phone, camera and mobile computer. I was disappointed the Note 7 didn't have the 6GB of RAM or 128GB of storage that had appeared to be on the way, and which seemed perfectly reasonable to accept, but 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, along with a 256GB microSD was ok enough to satisfy me for a couple of years, at worst.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
...I called Verizon back and was told that they would send me a box and credit my Verizon account for the phone. Like I want a $900 credit on my account. Whatever happened to refunds being in the same form as payments?
I ordered a silver S7 Edge from T-Mobile by phone and it arrived last Wednesday. Last Thursday morning I took my "new" Note 7 to the local T-Mobile store and within 20 minutes I had a full refund applied to my AmEx card.

Upvote 0
So, since Microsoft can't get their act together and somehow Active Sync stopped working with my work emails (on the Lumia 950 XL), I jumped on a deal from a top seller on ebay, for a brand new, sealed Sony Xperia X5 Premium dualSIM! Still a little pricey, considering it's already a year old, but assuming I can sell the Microsoft Lumia for as much as I'm anticipating, it'll limit the amount of out of pocket costs. Great thing is that I can still run dualSIM w/ a separate microSD slot! Should all be perfect timing by the time my Samsung freebie finally arrives (finally got movement on shipping today, for a projected Thursday delivery).

In addition to that, I still might pick up a Huawei Mate 9. I'm very curious to see what the curved variant will look like and what the physical dimensions will be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm still expecting Samsung to pick up the note 7 tomorrow and deliver a silver s7 edge Wednesday. Not happy at no phone for 24 hours but it seems the unexploded note 7 requires a lot of attention find a courier.

Attachments

• 0777e88ad549b423a20ae6e6704ad859.jpg
    0777e88ad549b423a20ae6e6704ad859.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 309
Reactions: toptobottom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones