• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What phone should my GF get?

bupolo

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2010
Los Angeles
My question: what phone should she get if the most she is willing to spend is about $50 and she has a free upgrade available?

Background: She renewed with AT&T before I knew she was doing it (argh!) and originally got the Pantech Pursuit. Anyways, I convinced her to take it back and try to get some other phone, preferably something running Android (you should see the phone she had before, it's probably about 6 years old). Anyways, she doesn't want to get the Iphone4 or Atrix or anything like that because it's too expensive; the most she's willing to spend is about $50.00.

It appears she's basically down to the Iphone 3GS or the Motorola Bravo. I have an HTC Evo on Sprint, and am slightly familiar with the Hero, but I know nothing about any AT&T phones. Is the Bravo running 2.2 yet? If not, will it? Also, how is it in comparison to say, the Hero or Evo?

Edit: if there is some fantastic reason she should spend a bit more for the phone let me know, cause I know there are a few other Android phones on AT&T that are around $79-$99.

Any advice would help guys, thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones