What phone to get..Help

Last Updated:

1. HOTHEAD

HOTHEAD Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This might be posted in the wrong area, and if so I do apologize.

Im really not that "up to date" on the latest gear, but after purchasing my Droid, and the help of this site, I love my phone. Well the wife and daughter(18yrs) are due for upgrades in April, and Im wondering what the latest superphone is. What do I get for them, they have never owned a smartphone, but after having my Droid I do not understand how someone could go without one.

So what Verizon phones should I look at for them, I want whatever is the latest and greatest at the time, I know how much my Droid has changed the way I look at phones.

As always, Thank you
    Regards
    HOTHEAD

Advertisement
  2. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member

If they are new to smartphones I'd go with something like the Nexus One when it comes to Verizon, or the Incredible - both solid choices if you don't want to get them the exact same phone that you have.

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

My son got the Droid Eris and my daughter bought an LG Chocolate Touch. Both are very capable devices from Verizon, but they both look at my Droid and wish they'd gotten one.

The Android Market now has over 30,000 apps. If a physical keyboard isn't important, then an Eris would be a good choice. It's pretty and functional. The Droid is a beast of a phone... and as easy or as complicated as the owner wants it to be.

I recommend that they read a lot about various phones, write down exactly what they want their next phone to do, and visit a Verizon store to play around with the many devices available. Hope this helps :)

4. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Go with the incredible all the way. Easily the next best thing coming out or nexus one..

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

As with any phone/smartphone decision you really have to consider what they like and would find useful.