What phones are you going to upgrade to come November?General

Last Updated:

1. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think a lot of Moment owners are going to be eligible for the Premier upgrade come November.

What phones are you thinking of upgrading to now, since Sprint introduced 3 new phones - Samsung Transform, Sanyo Zio, and LG Optimus S?

I have my upgrade to use up come November, and I'm thinking of getting the Zio or the LG as a spare phone, since I already purchased the Evo / Epic on Craigslist for primary use.

Advertisement
  2. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

im up for a upgrade too in nov. i think i might be getting the samsung transform. not a fan of sanyo zio and the lg optimus isn't much of a upgrade from my moment. i will probaby wait a bit and see whether the transform has any problems before i upgrade. i also want to see if samsung is committed to provide a 2.2 upgrade with flash.

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes it's irritating with Samsung's slow support. The Epic still does not have 2.2 and no real word on when we can expect it... This is supposed to be a global Galaxy S phone that was easy to support / upgrade worldwide.

4. brandonok

brandonok Well-Known Member

im curious how the transfroms processor and screen compare to the moments

5. KyLeZKooL12

KyLeZKooL12 Member

i just upgraded from the rumor2 to the moment. and lovin it.

6. Kindie75

Kindie75 Well-Known Member

I upgraded my hero to the moment. loving it as well!! So far no issues...

7. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

I am curious as to why people are buying the moment still when it won't be updated past android 2.1?

Just honestly curious, not trying to be snide. ;)

I wanted to upgrade to Evo, BUT I didn't realize there's a $10.00 a month additional fee, so I may get the Transform, but I still would love the nice roomy Evo screen. Who knows? Maybe it's enough to pay the extra $10.00 a month, lol.

8. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

sprint released the specs. it apparently has the same processors that's found on the moment. the screen will be a 3.5" hvga resolution. no amoled. no biggie i take a bigger screen over amoled. so basically ur getting a moment with new a new casing and bigger screen. if it gets no data lock ups and gps functions decently i'll be picking this up in nov.

yea the $10 is not worth it to me where i have no 4g in my area and probably never get it. i did agonize over getting the evo and epic though i just can't justify spending $10 more for a service i can't get. sprint should make 4g service optional. i would probably get the epic. 3g is fast enough for me.