What photo storing site are you using?General

Last Updated:

1. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have really taken advantage of the amazing camera on the Incredible. I have tons of "camera shots" and videos on my phone and I'm thinking about uploading them to an online site and deleting them from my phone. I've used Flickr, Photoshop.com and FB for storing photos. Just curious what you guys and gals are using? Also, do you delete them from your phone after uploading?

Advertisement
  2. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Picasa. Anything on your album can be configured to show up on your phone without taking up space on your phone. Online photo syncing with the phone is too useful to pass up.

3. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I was looking at Picasa too. Is it the "Picasa Tool Pro" app in the Market??

4. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

Picasaweb of course. I paid for the 21 gb of storage. I also use Picasa for managing my pics on my computer. Works great.

5. crutoi

crutoi Well-Known Member

fotki.com is by far the best photo site out there, even though its payed(about $3 a month) but has tons of actually usefull functionality, Ftp upload, pw protection by album, alows for native pic download(from small to orig size), and oh yeah... there is an app for that in the market place :)

6. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

But does it have native syncing with Android so that every picture you have stored online will always show up in your phone's gallery without you needing to do anything like Picasa does?

7. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I've had a Photobucket.com account forever so it made sense for to use that. That app works really well and uploads are fast and easy.

8. ethon

ethon Well-Known Member

How do you sync your Picasa photos to your phone?

9. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

I use sugarsync because it makes it so easy to get the photos on my PC. But it's really only good for that. I hear Picasa is good and am going to be giving it a try. You may want to as well.

10. athenslb57

athenslb57 Guest

The crappy sense gallery takes this functionality away. You can download the default gallery apk and all your camera shots will automatically go to picasa. Can't wait to get a stock rom and get rid of sense.

11. CrazyCal

CrazyCal Well-Known Member

Web-based picture access works great until Verizon puts on their data cap.:mad:

12. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

Picasa, for the sync to phone and also syncing back to pc without extra work. I want all my pics to be together and synched without a bunch of hassle. Picasa web fits this well.

When is this happening?

13. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

I prefer Flickr since HTC has seamlessly incorporated Flickr into Photos already. All I have to do is drag the bottom cursor within Photos over Flickr icon and woola!:D..my online Flickr photos are showing. No apps, no fuss.

I do agree that for a Google powered phone, one would think Picasa would have been ingrained into Photos as well, without having to go to Market and getting an app. I just prefer to have all my photos in one place without having to click on separate apps.

This thread could use a poll.

14. rapidsandroid

Flickr does the same and u don't need an additional app, unlike Picasa.

The tiered Verizon data plan is not firm yet. Cnet had an article reference this.

15. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

Flickr and pbase.

16. earthtodigi

earthtodigi Active Member

Is there a way to sync your incredible pictures to Picasa automatically with the default gallery app? If so I must be missing it.

I'm surprised there is no built-in app for managing Picasa web albums specifically, even going to the mobile site only allows you to view and that's all, you can't even get a link to share the image.

17. rapidsandroid

no earthtodigi, no inherent way to sync Picasa into Photos. You have to get an app to display them.

18. mister_tu

mister_tu Well-Known Member

Only on LTE.

19. joehero

joehero Active Member

I use Picasa. You can get the Gallery app from the Nexus One, then set it up to sync to whatever google account you use. I use my wife and i's joint account for picasa and it is amazing. Full access to every picture I've ever taken on my phone.