What possible problems are there with the SGS from Bell? Thinking about trading from iPhone 4?Support

Last Updated:

1. ColHavoc

ColHavoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I currently have a iPhone 4 and I am debating on switching over to the Samsung Galaxy S from Bell. My iPhone works perfectly, I just miss some of the customization that I get with Android and the ability to use Swype.

Before I go to far into it, I was wondering if there are any issues I should watch out for with the SGS? Are there any major hardware failures or constant software glitches I should look out for?

Advertisement
  2. kLuMzi

kLuMzi New Member

i have SGS from Bell for a month now, no issues what so ever. just the lag that Froyo can fix.

If i were you, i'd wait til Froyo is out from samsung

3. mr.glaxyS

mr.glaxyS Well-Known Member

IM SAYING HONESTLY I COULD NERVE GOT RID OF MY IPHONE IT S0O MUCH LOUDER EARPHONES NICER, MUCH MORE SIMPLER(JAIL BROKEN)THEN ROOTING ANDROID!! A LOT MORE APPS ALSO ON IPHONE BUT ANDROID IS GOING START GETTING A LOT MORE COMING SOON I HEAR ....ALSO NICE SCREEN ON THIS GALAXY HD PRETTY SWEET:cool:

4. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Don't get one.

The GPS simply doesn't work and I'm not convinced it ever will. Samsung are not to be trusted.

5. micstewart

micstewart Well-Known Member

Lots of problems, support from Samsung being the most major.

serious problems with GPS (although I've never had them)
    Lag (most people have this although LAGfix sorts this out)
    Still on 2.1, (no flash support until 2.2, the whole user base is waiting on the official release although some already have unoffical 2.2 running successfully)

If you are thinking of moving just for SWYPE, then it's not worth it.

My wife has had every iphone and they simply work. Android is completely different and often you find you have to invest some time to 'make' things work, however, the outcome of the effort can be worth it.

I love my SGS compared to the iphone, however, would I move from an iPhone 4 to SGS...I'd need a bigger reason than SWYPE.

6. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

With all the iPhone talk, I'll just clear up my thoughts.

I really like Android, I just dislike what a mess the SGS has made of it.