• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What preloaded Verizon Apps Did they put on the phone?

I am really shocked that the phone comes "clean" This is a complete 180 degree turnaround from what I experienced 2 years ago. Verizon has really changed, used to be that they crippled every device heavily, and now they're doing commercials for an Android based phone that's not crippled at all (right?). I am actually happy to be a customer of theirs! Now if only their CEO would change his attitude on data usage...

Upvote 0
Something tells me the time are changing and he won't have any choice but to change his attitude. Bandwidth is needed and the usage will only go up, if verizon wants to maintain its marketshare it needs to keep up with the times and revisit changing their policies to reflect what their customers demand.

I'm hoping this is what happens, they already stopped crippling phones and I thought that would NEVER happen. I think also that they could have their hand forced. Sprint 4G is currently truly unlimited (on 5GB caps or anything like that) and if it stays that way they may have to, if sprint can increase coverage quickly. Unlimited 4G means crap if you don't have a 4G signal. IMO right now their 4G coverage is a joke.

Upvote 0
The problem is they started advertising their 4g coverage months before it was even available. They still advertise as having the "best" 4g coverage, the funny thing is none of the other carriers have launched their 4g services yet, so i guess they aren't lying but honestly how could covering 3 neighborhoods in the middle of chicago constitute them needing to proclaim its the best 4g coverage. They should have said its the ONLY 4g coverage, so if you want it now and happen to live within the square mile of our coverage area you are in luck, heh. Oh well i guess theres just no truth in advertising.

Upvote 0
The problem is they started advertising their 4g coverage months before it was even available. They still advertise as having the "best" 4g coverage, the funny thing is none of the other carriers have launched their 4g services yet, so i guess they aren't lying but honestly how could covering 3 neighborhoods in the middle of chicago constitute them needing to proclaim its the best 4g coverage. They should have said its the ONLY 4g coverage, so if you want it now and happen to live within the square mile of our coverage area you are in luck, heh. Oh well i guess theres just no truth in advertising.

While I agree with you on the advertising of the 4g, they are in more markets than Chicago. Also, your coverage in Chicago will grow in the next few months immensely. I know because I am part of the teams rolling it out with Clearwire, which is who's network Sprint's 4g is running on. It's in quite a few markets now with several more coming up by the end of the year. The problem with this roll out is it's from the ground up, which is something that hasn't happened in the telecom industry for quite some time.

Reactions: kwaping
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones