What really annoys me about my Nexus 4 is...General

Last Updated:

1. NoUse4aNick

NoUse4aNick Well-Known Member

...taking it out of my pocket and being unable to unlock it because it is upside down :)

Apart from that it is a great phone.

Thats likes this.
  2. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

It is kinda hard ti tell what parts the front and whats the bottom but i like that. :D
  3. jirok

jirok Well-Known Member

lol i constantly end up using it upside down
  4. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

Haha I do that too. :D
  5. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah, that happened a lot with my iPhone. With this damn Nexus its not as easy to figure out which end is up. Not entirely the phone's fault though.
  6. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

The stock bumper case simplifies the matter for me, as does the stated "Nexus" on the back.
  7. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

Lol totally true. At the beginning I even got confused when the notification light was blinking because every phone I had before had this light at the top.
  8. Monygg85

Monygg85 Well-Known Member

No brainer.....how ?!@#!** slippery it is! ...But I like it :)
  9. WoodrowB

WoodrowB Active Member

I've about decided to place a small adhesive square about where the LG logo is....to help me identify, by feel, the back and to help me keep a grip when using it.
  10. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

God I know what you mean, it does not leave my pocket until I have tight tight grip on it. So tight, it hurts my hands haha!
  11. Gareatron

Gareatron Well-Known Member

Only thing that annoy me is the headphone jack. Every time I plug something in a lite tug will unplug it from the jack.
  12. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

It's definitely slippery and I also hold it upside down on occasion lol.

I don't mind these though I just wish the audio quality from the headphone jack was better. Doesn't much matter anymore though since I'm getting a Note 2 to use for music.
  13. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

I feel like everytime I pull it out of my pocket I am going to break it with the deathgrip that I put on it to make sure I don't drop it.
  14. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with knowing which way up it was, but I just use the power and volume buttons as a reference.

Re the headphone jack socket: I can dangle my phone from the earphone cable so I think that might be an issue with your phone. Maybe worth talking to Google ..?

As for the audio quality: you're clearly way more of a fidelity geek than me as I find it first class, whether I'm using headphones or an external speaker.
  15. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

yeah I don't really consider myself an audiophile but it doesn't sound as good as my Note or my Evos did.
  16. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Well-Known Member

The proximity sensor is exactly where I put my thumb while looking at the phone to see if the call has ended and check the call time. Several times the phone display has stayed blank after I took it away from ear, causing me much (if temporary) bafflement.

See, if Google had given me a free version to test as part of the design process this would never have happened :)
  17. spile

spile Well-Known Member

Worse is cancelling an incoming call because I've swiped the wrong way as the phone is upside down!
  18. revcraig

revcraig Member

There is an app in the Google store called rotate. solved the problem for me.
  19. kal326

kal326 New Member

The vibration notification is basically worthless, without a case it usually would just move on my desk. With a case it sits still, but I have missed calls with it sitting right next to me on my desk on vibrate only. Also the speaker sitting perfectly flat against a surface was a horrible idea. I have had plenty of phones with rear speakers, but this one by far is the most muffled. Other then that working like a charm.
  20. wildmangk

wildmangk Active Member

So true!!!!!!
  21. jmorris2001

jmorris2001 New Member

I have that same issue!!
  22. charliecc

charliecc Well-Known Member

Groups in contacts. What are they all about??

This is obviously the OS more than the Nexus 4.