• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps What resolution is best

What resolution is best to work on both, phones and tablets?... More and more phones are coming out with 1080p displays... I'm guessing something in 1080p, would look good on both phones and tablets... But what about phone with 720p, or even 480p resolutions... Will there be any distortions in the image, on something with a 720p, or 480p resolution... So what resolution has the best balance for all phone resolutions, and will also look good on a tablet... 720P or 1080p?

Hi,

I think it depends on the resources you're displaying. In general, it's recommended that you include resources for different resolutions in the drawable folders of your app.

Try to borrow devices to test on, if possible.

I try to use svg images where possible. They are scalable but are only useful for certain kinds of images.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones