What ROM/SetCPU

Last Updated:

1. BlazeD OnE

BlazeD OnE Banned This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,
    I'm learning a bunch of new things about different ROMs, and overclock, and JIT, thanks to all the great people here.
    I'm curious what current ROM everyone is using - and what your SetCPU profiles are set to for Max/Min.

Advertisement
  2. reinert012

reinert012 Well-Known Member

Im learning too, i have about 8 installed on my phone and my roommate keeps getting mad at me for that beeping noise after you *228 and program haha.

Heres my set up, top 3.

All my OC are the same, 729/528 normal profile and 528/19 sleep/standby

ROMS top 5 fav
    1. Ic3 2.7
    2. Aloysius 2.0(snow or regular)
    3. Pure Eris, just looks cool
    4. Sense-able
    5. Evil Eris

3. BlazeD OnE

Very cool, we have the same taste..
    I'm getting into ic3 right now. and for some reason when i flashed the o/c patch the phone wont shut down. ave you noticed that

4. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

Ic3 comes with overclocking...just use overclock widget once you install the rom and you're all good.

5. BlazeD OnE

ohhh thanks stupid me haha

6. BlueDC2

It's all good, don't worry about it. I'm currently on Ic3, and use OC widget. The thing is, it doesn't have a failsafe temp. It is customizable for screen on/off, so you can have those profiles in the advanced settings. I suggest downloading 'TempMonitor Lite' and enabling the temp to be displayed in the status bar. If it starts to get hot like 45c + then let it cool down, ease off, etc. etc.

Edit: setCPU is said to be a memory hog, so it will still work, but OC widget is better ;)

alprazolam likes this.
  7. reinert012

reinert012 Well-Known Member

Im having some issues downloading Aloysius now, i flashed it and rebooted and it is just sitting on the HTC screen with the 3 green android bots, been a while.

8. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

I've got Ivanmmj's Eris Official 1.0 w/OC installed and I have a question: am I already overclocked?

I never launched setCPU or tried to tweak any settings related to overclocking. I just today put the setCPU widget on my home screen (didn't even know there was one until I read about it in a recent thread) and saw 710 max, 19 min w/the temperature (about 77 degrees). My linpack score has always been right at 3.0 MFLOPS whilst rooted and I'm happy with the phone's speed and battery life. I just assumed that since I never tweaked anything, I was running at the phone's default CPU speed / clock cycle...

So basically, have I been overclocked all this time w/o knowing it?

P.S. I also posted this same question in the "Overclocking / MFLOPS performance" thread since it really looked like it was relevant for both threads. I apologize if this double-post is bad form.

9. BlueDC2

I don't know how that would be possible if you didn't edit settings within the application. Download the app 'system panel', open it, and look at the bar in the top right. It will say CPU Clock. See if that matches up with your widget.

scary alien likes this.
  10. scary alien

Yep, you are right! System Panel does indeed show 710 MHz. I went back and re-read Ivan's xda thread for this ROM and the 1.0 changelog and it says "Added Overclocked kernel to 710mhz (767 didn't seem stable on everyone's phone)". I never really took that to mean that the default was set to 710, but that must be so (which I'm fine with because the phone has been solid and awesome for me since installing it in early May). Batterly life has been great too which is partially why I never felt the need to mess with any of the overclocking settings. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to verify what I'm seeing.

11. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info on the temp monitor.

BTW---what happened to baked one? Did he get baked and tell everybody to f off? He seemed nice enough around here.

12. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

lol probably, I didn't mind him though, personally I don't agree with banning somebody, who is to stop them from making a new name and being even worse. diff. subject for diff thread.

anyway back on track here,
    I am running Ic3 Rom v2.7/ and for my Set Cpu - well im usuing overclock widget.., screen on freq: 480/710..3.036 MFLOPS, screen off freq: 245/245

13. alprazolam

Okay...so for those of you who are setting higher minimums on speed. Why? I keep my minimum at 19 mhz and limit my top end on sleep and max it out when awake. Since it uses what it needs, when it needs it, why would we need to set a higher minimum?

14. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

I think having the minimum set too low makes it harder to answer the phone. It's like it's still in sleep mode when a call comes in and is groggy waking up. There's a definite lag when I set my default minimum at a really low speed. It takes longer for me to hear the beep after I press the volume button.

15. alprazolam

Funny...I didn't think about it until you mentioned it, but when I get an alert, I hear the vibrate alert and the tone goes off about 5 seconds later. It used to do that back before root. Haven't really paid attention to answering a call.

16. roscuthiii

roscuthiii Well-Known Member

I tried looking a lil bit and I haven't seen anything about SetCPU's advanced settings.

Anyone know if there are posted optimal settings there or if they should just be left alone and only worry about clock speed and temperature?

17. scary alien

roscuthiii,

Read through this and see if you still want to know: Overclock Patch and update.zip - xda-developers (betcha a dollar you don't :eek::D -- I know I didn't...lol, my head hurt after reading it). I'm better off not knowing...;)

Cheers!

P.S. I don't really know where the optimal settings info would be...I guess we could post something to the author and see what he says.

roscuthiii likes this.
  18. roscuthiii

Seriously, you should be nominated for the AF Member of the Month Award.

scary alien likes this.
  19. roscuthiii

Well, I read it, then I skimmed through it... then I just stared at it for a bit. After that I just picked specific sections to read.

After all of that I've come to a conclusion: I need an aspirin.

Now, I'm having an "uht oh" moment due to realizing that I did not set up everything as directed... at least I didn't check any Set As Boot's.