What Rom should I load up?

1. phooker

phooker Member

Well since I've come to the realization that Liberty won't be releasing anything new, I'm looking for a new rom. I want a little better battery life and reception. Make some suggestions please.

Advertisement
    :
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

3. phooker

phooker Member

Still on .886
  4. OutOfPhase

you need to catch up. ICS leaks are out and right now they beat any custom rom on .886, .902, or .905

I would advise at least getting to .905 and if you want to maximize your bionics dual core update to the 6.7.232 leak. If you do the latest leak 6.7.235 you will not be able to get back to 5.9.905
  5. phooker

phooker Member

Link to instructions?
  6. OutOfPhase

do you have a back up of your stock .886? If so load that up and then let the ota for .902 and then .905 install. once they are installed put the ICS leak 6.7.232 on your external sd card and boot into stock recovery to install it.
    If you don't have a back up of stock then you can flash the 5.9.905 fxz file with rsdlite. This way will wipe all your data so make a back of with Titanium backup or a similar app. then load the leak to your external sd card and install it with stock recovery.

to get the 6.7.232 leak go here http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...inks-help-you-ics-back-updated-7-17-12-a.html

and instructions with all the download and files you need to flash the 5.9.905 fxz file with rsdlite here http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-9-902-5-9-905-rsdlite.html

here is how to get into stock recovery.

Put it on your external storage
    Boot into recovery
    power off phone,
    hold vol down and up and while holding press power
    at the menu use vol down to move to recovery, then press Vol up to select (vol up does not move the cursor only selects)
    In the blue recovery menu scroll down using vol down to Install ZIP from SDCard and press power to select
    Find the6.7.232 (blur 5.9.905) on your SDCard and select using power button
    Wait.

be sure to have a fully charged battery because you cannot charge when it is in recovery.