What ROM to use?

Last Updated:

1. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been struggling for the past three days over this.. I have EE3.0 overclocked to 710, a2sd going and generally everything is ok and has been fopr the past 2 weeks or so. I finally got battery usage under control and am kinda happy with it.

But then I see Frisco and others posting about how nice XTR is being all snappy without SetCPU and is nice on the battery life. It would be sweet being able to move over with a2sd and dumping SetCPU.

Then theres KaosFroyo.. everyone says it's pretty killer, but I would have to format my SD Card again meaning that my EE3.0 nand backup would be useless if I ever wanted to go back.

I don't know.. would I REALLY gain anything by changing ROMs at this point? I was considering EE4.0, but I'm pretty pissed that under the changelog it just says 'Try it and find out'

Advertisement
  2. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Give WhiteWidow 4.6 a shot. Very nice ROM.

3. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I actually did give WW a try, I wasn't really feeling it.

4. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

I keep switching ROMs until I find the absolute perfect one for me. I also think everyone's "perfect" ROM is probably a little different. Right now I'm sticking with xtr3.0.3 as my main ROM. But, I've definitely tried quite a few others. I end up having to tweak each one differently to get most of the features I want, but it's been a cool learning experience. You should make a backup of your entire SD card to your PC. This way you can have your "NAND backups" backed up.

5. NPH-

NPH- Well-Known Member

I'm on EvilEris4.0 and I absolutely love it.

6. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

The more I read these threads, the more it seems to break down into three major categories:

sense/no sense

froyo/no froyo

SPEED

evil eris and xtr seem to be the fastest, people seem to like kaos for froyo, and for sense I personally like sense-able, didn't care much for xtrsense. personally, i can't live without sense. everyone else just looks so dated, I don't really care if its marginally faster.