What Rom would I use and where do I get it?

Last Updated:

1. Summerbear6

Summerbear6 Member This Topic's Starter

I just flashed my samsung behold II, to 1.6...very happy works a lot better than before. As I was reading over the forums about updating the phone I read something about Roms...one in particular that I thought was interesting is it only installed the default necessary things and deleted all the bloatware (?)

I am very interested in something like this. Especially if it makes the phone faster and the battery life longer.

So can someone point me to the download link to where I would download a rom that installs all the necessary files only and doesn't change the look/appearance or anything like that? I want the same phone, same firmware...just no bloatware.

Thanks,
    Summer

Advertisement
  2. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

3. Summerbear6

Thank you j0hn,

I have looked over the first one you mentioned Behold II OTA 1.6 Tweaked. How exactly would I go about flashing that?

I have already flashed the 1.6 updated OEM thing no problem. But when I looked over the Behold II OTA 1.6 Tweaked. There was quiet a few things to download....what exactly to I download?

4. j0hnh0lmes

5. Summerbear6

On the second one do I have to download the framework thing? Also would the download be a onepackage? I put it in the onepackage section of the downloaded thingy?

6. Jr_223

Jr_223 Member

"framework thing" would have to be ADB push to /system/framework/framework-res.apk

7. j0hnh0lmes

No need to push the framework on the second one. It's already installed on the rom. Put the rom file in PDA and do not check one package.

8. Summerbear6

Thanks so much j0hn, will do it either tonight or tomorrow when my battery is fully charged.