What ROM you Rockin?!

Last Updated:

1. ProfGreenMau5

ProfGreenMau5 Guest This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to see what roms everyone was rocking???

I was on Virtious 3.1... i am testing out MIUI 0.10.29.0 right now...

Advertisement
  2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Depends on what day of the week (and sometimes what time of day) you ask me.

3. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

virtuous 3.1 right now

once I get this changing ROMs down to a science and can do it quicker (opposed to the hour or so it takes me now), I will be trying a couple different ones on for size

my curious list: cyanogen, skyraider, uncommon sense, redemptive revolution, more to come

4. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member

CM6.1 RC2 with the MIUI camera

5. androidxen

androidxen Well-Known Member

CM(6.1) nightly build.

6. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

I mix it up between Virtuous and Uncommon sense, Right now Im on uncommon Sense, going to give MIUI a shot for a while

7. j-money

j-money Well-Known Member

Miui 10. 29 - nothing else compares once you get used to it

8. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

version 2.0 of Virtuous with Adrenalynes custom battery saving kernel. runs great and i have put so much work into it that i don't feel like updating and doing it all again. i have done a lot of tweaks that i don't feel like doing again, so why fix what aint broken.

9. GoinOnTilt

GoinOnTilt Well-Known Member

I've tried Redemptive rEVOlution, CM, Virtuous and either Skyraider or Uncommon Sense.

Right now rockin' the MIUI.

Wouldn't mind tryin' the Feather, but can't find a good link that isn't full.

10. GoinOnTilt

Do a nandroid backup with your current setup...then mod away!

11. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

Redemptive rEVOlution 2.0 is the best ive found so far

12. jasonb1985

but why? what i have works perfect and i don't feel like modding another new rom from scratch again. i mean, i did things that i am not even completely sure i could reproduce again. i took the audio drivers from the Desire HD port and plugged them into my current rom and am not even sure what files they were anymore. i'm just going to stick with what i have. it's been running completely flawlessly for quite a while now. i've been running this rom since the day it was released and i've had no issues with it at all.

13. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

All the more reason to do a nand backup. If you ever mess it up you can restore it exactly as it is mods and all.

14. GoinOnTilt

You originally said you have made a lot of custom tweaks that you don't feel like doing over again. Nandroid backup will restore your phone exactly as you have it now. Once you backup, you have the freedom to experiment with new stuff while having the security of knowing you are just a restore away from your comfort setup.

15. jasonb1985

trust me, i have several back ups of this rom from several different points along this journey. i have a few different nandroids on my SD card and also have a few on my PC that i transferred as a backup of the backup. i wanted to make sure that if something went wrong that i always had this to fall back on. this has by far been the best rom i have had on this phone and i do not want to lose it.

i have played around with numerous different roms and always go back to this one. it's fast, stable and just works. it's the most stable this phone has ever been. when the Desire HD ports were the latest thing i was all over them flashing every single update and it got old real quick. i also had the motorola droid and had it rooted as well, i've been doing this a while and it's kinda getting old. at this point i just want to stick with something that works and not mess with it everyday or two.

i will not be leaving this rom until the official build with the new htc sense is released for our phone.

16. GoinOnTilt

If that's what works for you, that's great. I wasn't judging. You must made it sound like (in your initial post) that you weren't switching solely because you had a heavily tweaked ROM.

17. jasonb1985

well, that kind of is the reason. it's heavily tweaked and it's just to much work to do this to another rom, and for what reason when the one i am using works perfectly fine. i mean, i see no other roms worth switching for. there are lots of great roms out there, but i am content with the one i have at the moment. it's rock solid and does everything i want. there is nothing that another rom offers that this one doesn't, that i actually need.

18. GoinOnTilt

You're getting the most out of your phone and its doing exactly what you want it to do.

I wouldn't change either.

I just have this insatiable urge to try all the ROMs I can right now (because I'm new to it). ;)

19. jasonb1985

yea, i did this as well for a while, both on the droid and the inc.

20. GoinOnTilt

I've been messin' around with my wife's droid, also. Every time her phone acts up, she wants to take it to Verizon. I think she's finally starting to trust me to fix it, although she has absolutely NO idea what I actually do to it.

It works best that way.

21. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Using MIUI now, really digging the look and feel. Have a great backup of SR 3.3.2 fully loaded and ready to roll and another new one of Redemtive 2.0 for when I'm bored. (prob this weekend, let the dust settle over there)

22. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member

MIUI 10.29.....love it :cool:

23. spence341

spence341 Well-Known Member

Redemptive 2.0 - kicks ass!!

24. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

rooted, stock deodexed ROM, hydra under volt kernel. themed Rosie.apk, themed lock screen. transparent genie widget. I like it clean and simple. I've tried EVERY ROM though and have them ALL downloaded lol. I'm a flashaholic. my name is Andrew.

25. ProfGreenMau5

ProfGreenMau5 Guest This Topic's Starter

im on muiu, but my phone looses conncetion to market and gmail and i have to restart to get it back.. which is really annoying... whats a nothing very fast rom but looks cool...

seams as though my data got un-enabled.. weird... i dunno how the hell that happen..

im running kousch's test kernel.. but im looking for a different kernel to put on Miui... any one got any good links?!