What roms and kernals do you use? Pros and Cons

1. emoon91

emoon91 Member

I am planning on trying other roms. i wanted to know what roms you use and what you like or don't like about it. I will start.
    I have only have cm7 rom and I love the customization features. I love the toggle widgets on notification bar and how you can change the order of them. I love the unlock screen which i can have multiple invisible gestures to unlock the phone. I love how there is almost no lag and the wifi tethering that comes with cm7.
    Cons are: I cant use my 8.0 megapixel camera to its full potential. The camera app cm7 gives is pretty damn crappy. I think thats about it for cons for me lol

Lately my battery has been dying pretty fast and i hear about the antenna problem. So im trying to try new roms to fix those problems. And get kernal in an attempt to make my speaker louder during a phone call.

Does anybody know how to talk on the phone with earphones on for this phone? it used to work and i think the new update messed it up.

Advertisement
    :
  2. derrickdroid

derrickdroid Well-Known Member

Cyanigenmod and TSM roms both have the earphone problem. When you disconnect the headset the other caller can't hear you. TSM is alot like cyanogenmod only a bit more customizable. Aeroevans kernal will fix the compass and the low volume problems. Right now I am on TSM using aeroevans kernal and its pretty snappy. I made the switch because cyanogen was to strict on customizing. TSM has alot more customization. But a con is that my facebook app no longer syncs with my contacts and when i go to settings phone info, it does a force close. Have you tried taking the MIUI camera apk and installing it on cyanogen? That's how I got my camera to be 8 meg on cyanogen.