• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What roms and kernals do you use? Pros and Cons

emoon91

Jul 29, 2011
I am planning on trying other roms. i wanted to know what roms you use and what you like or don't like about it. I will start.
I have only have cm7 rom and I love the customization features. I love the toggle widgets on notification bar and how you can change the order of them. I love the unlock screen which i can have multiple invisible gestures to unlock the phone. I love how there is almost no lag and the wifi tethering that comes with cm7.
Cons are: I cant use my 8.0 megapixel camera to its full potential. The camera app cm7 gives is pretty damn crappy. I think thats about it for cons for me lol

Lately my battery has been dying pretty fast and i hear about the antenna problem. So im trying to try new roms to fix those problems. And get kernal in an attempt to make my speaker louder during a phone call.

Does anybody know how to talk on the phone with earphones on for this phone? it used to work and i think the new update messed it up.

I am planning on trying other roms. i wanted to know what roms you use and what you like or don't like about it. I will start.
I have only have cm7 rom and I love the customization features. I love the toggle widgets on notification bar and how you can change the order of them. I love the unlock screen which i can have multiple invisible gestures to unlock the phone. I love how there is almost no lag and the wifi tethering that comes with cm7.
Cons are: I cant use my 8.0 megapixel camera to its full potential. The app cm7 gives is pretty damn crappy. I think thats about it for cons for me lol

Lately my battery has been dying pretty fast and i hear about the antenna problem. So im trying to try new roms to fix those problems. And get kernal in an attempt to make my speaker louder during a phone call.

Does anybody know how to talk on the phone with earphones on for this phone? it used to work and i think the new update messed it up.

Cyanigenmod and TSM roms both have the earphone problem. When you disconnect the headset the other caller can't hear you. TSM is alot like cyanogenmod only a bit more customizable. Aeroevans kernal will fix the compass and the low volume problems. Right now I am on TSM using aeroevans kernal and its pretty snappy. I made the switch because cyanogen was to strict on customizing. TSM has alot more customization. But a con is that my facebook app no longer syncs with my contacts and when i go to settings phone info, it does a force close. Have you tried taking the MIUI camera apk and installing it on cyanogen? That's how I got my camera to be 8 meg on cyanogen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones