What ROMS are everyone using?

Last Updated:

1. kensta812

kensta812 Member This Topic's Starter

Like the title said, I'm curious what other ROMS are out and everyones using. I'm currently using G.o.T's and its pretty good but want to try something new.

Advertisement
  2. GlitchZero

GlitchZero Well-Known Member

TelusStone Lite v4.1. Excuse my language, but it's ****ing awesome.

3. kensta812

kensta812 Member This Topic's Starter

Anychance you could link me to the site? I've tried googling

4. GlitchZero

No problem.

Here is where you can find a bunch of different ROMs.

HERE is TelusStone Lite v4.1. On that site, you can also get v2.0*** if you don't like the theme (but the fonts are awesome), v2.0*** is based off of the Galaxy S line. Black notification bar, blue notifications, etc.

Both of these include Voice Search which is great if you're on Telus, because they crippled that out of our stock 2.1.

5. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Well-Known Member

MotoFrenzy 5.0c =D 2.2 Froyo is delicious

6. TelusMilestone

TelusMilestone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see what I can grab from this new update ;)

7. Dwnshft

Dwnshft Active Member

I just switched to TelusStone 4.1 from 3.0 and aside from the fonts, i'm having a problem seeing what improvements have been made. Does anyone know?

Also, is there a way to switch between the stock launcher and Launcher Pro? I want to see how it was designed to look. Thanks

8. GlitchZero

No, the stock launcher isn't included in TelusStone. You can make a Nandroid backup of your 4.1 to keep it the way it is now, downgrade to stock 2.1, use root explorer to grab Launcher.apk, go back to 4.1, and then install it if you really want to.

However, the only difference is there's an app tray instead of icons along the bottom, and a massive lack of features like Sense Preview, theming, etc. I have no idea why you would WANT to use the stock launcher over ADW or LP, but your choice.

As far as the changes, why didn't you just read the thread?

9. Dwnshft

Dwnshft Active Member

I don't want the 2.1 stock launcher...that wasn't what I was asking. I use launcher Pro + so when I upgraded to 4.1 it kept that same launcher..I've seen pics of a different layout and I thought that was how telusstone 4.1 looked if you didn't have ANY aftermarket launcher installed.

Also, I was looking for the improvements over ver. 3. I did read the thread (for the most part). I don't follow these updates religiously so I didn't know if there were any in between updates since I released mine.

10. GlitchZero

Those are the improvements over v3. What else would he be comparing v4 to? :confused: However, these upgrades were in the very first post of the ROMs thread..How did you miss them?

Yes, there's been an update to 4.1 now, but again, the the improvements are listed in my quote, so if they don't benefit you, there's no need to upgrade.

And no, if you used Titanium, it'll keep your same layout, as opposed to the "stock" layout of LP in this particular ROM.