What should I do first?

Last Updated:

1. Jbart15

Jbart15 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm officially getting my Droid tomorrow and I want know what are some of the first things I should do with it? Weather it be downloading apps, changing the settings or even buying accessories.

Tell me what you guys first did when you first got your Droid.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I went app crazy when I bought mine. It's fun, and I recommend you try it ;) There are lots of threads all over these forums with tons of nice apps mentioned. Try some of them out and see what you think. I would also spend some time (probably after you've found some apps and widgets that you like) setting up your home screens the way you like them.

3. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

Good charge, Screen protector, lots of apps. I played with the default apps. I would reccomend playing with the default apps to learn what you do and don't like about them.

One app that is a must have is missed call. I was annoyed that the phone didn't re-alert me to missed voice mails and texts by default.. this will alert you how you want to be alerted.

4. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member

I had a bunch of apps bookmarked so I just went download crazy. I recommend the 2.1 launcher to simulate running 2.1 on your 2.0.1 phone. Handcent is almost a must, way better than the original messaging app. You should search androlib for more apps. I then went and bought the media dock and I love it.

5. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Car Dock (with a car charger) is also a must have!

6. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Before you get any dock decide what kind of protection you want on your Droid. The stock docks won't work with most cases.

Seidio is coming out with a home and car dock that will work with their case.

7. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Oh, happy day! That's all I wanted was a dock w/ a wider cradle.

8. Jbart15

Jbart15 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Awesome. Definitely going to try out all of the pre-loaded apps and from what I hear Handcent is a must so I'll definitely get that and probably just try to get the hang of the phone since I've never had a smartphone before.