What should I do? Might pick up a MyTouch Slide

Last Updated:

1. King_Sickness

King_Sickness Member This Topic's Starter

I've been a prepaid Sidekick user for the past 3 years. I've been keeping up with the latest in Android and smart phones for the past 4-5 months or so.

The MyTouch Slide looks like a great phone, but HTC is always making new phones and I feel that the Slide will be obsolete in 6 months. Especially with the lack of computing power. Imagine if the phone ran slow as hell on the 2.2 OS software, it's very possible that that can happen.

My top phones right now at the iPhone 4, Nexus one, Desire, Legend, and MyTouch Slide.

The iPhone is almost completely ruled out by AT&T being a joke as far as plans go and me just not liking their service very much. The Nexus One is a beauty but I HATE how it's set up, where you have to buy it online, you have no options in the plans and so forth. I can't fathom why Google would have create this awesome phone but made it so unaccessible. The Desire and Legend look great but I'm not sure when they will release and for how much. The MyTouch Slide almost looks like the perfect phone for me, but again, I'm really scared of the phone being obsolete in 6 months. It's scary at how many new phones HTC pumps out, by the time my 2 year contract is up we will have 2Ghz processors in phones.

T Mobile has the most flexibility and best rate plans. Out of all the major US carriers, I feel that T Mobile rips you off the least.

What do you guys think about the MyTouch Slide? I think it's an awesome phone personally.

Also, is there any way to get phones like the Nexus One, or iPhone on some type of prepaid payment with all of the features? I really wouldn't want to be stuck in a 2 year contract with the N1 or iPhone 4 because of the outrageous rates for those phones, but in this day of age prepaid plans almost seem worthless. They lock you out of almost all of the key features. This is why the Sidekick is so great, the prepaid plan gives you unlimited texting and web for around ~40 days if you don't talk on the phone that much. That saves a lot of money compared to my cousin for example, who has an iPhone 3GS and pays $110 a month just for HIS plan. ****ing ridiculous. I don't see how people can pay that for 2 years; you guys are eating food right?:confused:

Thanks!:cool:

Advertisement