• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What should I do?

I have had a total of 4 Evos in the 5 months since I purchased the phone. The first one had the light leakage/screen separation problem within the 30 days, so I took it back and got a brand new one. The second one had a dead pixel, one portion of the screen was lighter than the other portions, and the screen would randomly lock up sometimes.

I got a refurb sent to me, and while that one did not have any issues visually with the screen, it would lock up even more than the other one. Just putting the screen on standby and taking it off again would resolve the issue temporarily but I got another new one sent to me because it was very inconvenient when playing games to have my screen stop working, and I missed a lot of calls because I could not answer them.

Now, I have my fourth phone sitting here side by side with my old one. The screen looks washed out and when I was playing with it the screen started freaking out. (I was in the dialer, and it was repeatedly pressing the call button and none of the touch buttons worked on the bottom and the screen wouldn't work either). Should I send the phone back, take it into the store (I know at the store they will just tell me that they can't verify the screen issues and the display issues are no big deal), cancel and go with the MyTouch 4g or the G2, or demand a brand new phone? I am really getting sick of these refurbs and spending hours on the phone because I can't get anyone to authorize an exchange, any tips in dealing with Sprint would be appreciated.

Yeah, just did that and they said that they won't do anything under teh 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Also, I found that this screen looks different than any of the other display Evos, my old Evo, and the Evo that the repair guy had. The colors look flat, and the display just looks dull. The repair guy said that this was due to the new screens that are installed in the new batches of the phones, but I don't like the display or the runaround that I am getting; probably just going to cancel service and go with the Mytouch or the G2 I can even make money on the deal because a Mytouch is only $80 with free activation on wirefly and I can sell the phone for $300, leaving me $20 profit after I pay the ETF.

Upvote 0
only you can make that decision but what you experienced at that store is not the norm. Are there any other repair centers in your area? I am guessing you do not have the sprint insurance? That TEP program thing should have covered it....

hate to see you go the route of a Mytouch...much lesser capable phone imo and my coworker has constant issues with the one he just bought.

good luck regardless of what you choose!

Yeah, just did that and they said that they won't do anything under teh 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Also, I found that this screen looks different than any of the other display Evos, my old Evo, and the Evo that the repair guy had. The colors look flat, and the display just looks dull. The repair guy said that this was due to the new screens that are installed in the new batches of the phones, but I don't like the display or the runaround that I am getting; probably just going to cancel service and go with the Mytouch or the G2 I can even make money on the deal because a Mytouch is only $80 with free activation on wirefly and I can sell the phone for $300, leaving me $20 profit after I pay the ETF.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones