• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What should I do???

i.am.root

Oct 27, 2010
I am a little lost here, I didn't even know there was an update coming until my phone asked me if I wanted to update.

What should I do? I am rooted, deodexed, and running Apex V1.0 with the Revolution theme on 2.2.

How do I safely get to .320 or .340 rooted and running the new Apex rom?

Please help......My phone keeps asking me if I want to update.

I am a little lost here, I didn't even know there was an update coming until my phone asked me if I wanted to update.

What should I do? I am rooted, deodexed, and running Apex V1.0 with the Revolution theme on 2.2.

How do I safely get to .320 or .340 rooted and running the new Apex rom?

Please help......My phone keeps asking me if I want to update.
did you make a backup right after you rooted but before you deodex and flashed ,if so restore it and you will be able to update or should be ...you will just have to reroot after ot you can flash the 2.2 sbf then update then reroot ,heres the 2.2 sbf file and instructions
Droid X 2.2 Full SBF leaked - Download now
now just know you wont be able to use 928 to deosex it wont work with the newer versions ...most of these roms come deodex eliminating the need for 928 but its best to confirm first by reading the devs op

Upvote 0
also once you update you may still have your root apps in your app drawer and super user there still ...just uninstall them and reinstall ,i had to do this for mine and my gfs x
also to reroot here is a one click root app that works great
Download z4root 1.3.0 for Android Free - z4root will root your device and enable you to supply system level access to applications that request it. - Softpedia
and once updated and running you should delete any backups you made and themes downloaded as well as roms you have since they wont be compatible with the newer versions......this will lessen the confussion and protect against a possible brick should you accidentally flash an older file

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones