What should I erase before selling a Galaxy S2?

1. glore2002

glore2002 Well-Known Member

Hello!

What steps should I follow to make sure I delete all my data before selling a Galaxy S2 to someone I don't know?

I would like to know wipes, etc. I should do to make sure I don't leave any personal information in the phone.

I am not planning to sell it now but this is something I always wanted to know.

I am running a custom ROM (NEAT uhlps) being Root.

Thank you!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Just make sure you remove your external SD card and do a factory reset before you sell.

Or you can do a Factory format by the following:
    *2767*3855#

This does a factory reset and also formats your internal SD card (I believe)
    Rxpert83 and glore2002 like this.
  3. glore2002

Thanks!

You mean:

SETTINGS --> BACKUP AND RESET --> FACTORY DATA RESET ?

Is this the same as doing the Wipes in CWM?
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Yup. Same thing
    glore2002 likes this.
  5. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

I would also consider flashing the original, CSC code, stock ROM, (GB or ICS), back to the phone so that the buyer can connect and update using Kies. This would also un-root the phone.
    glore2002 likes this.
  6. glore2002

I like this approach. What should I do to flash the original, Stock Rom to let him update with Kies?

When I bought it, it came with Gb. It came with:

Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I9100UHKG7-CL417954
    Stock ROM: GINGERBREAD.UHKG7

Android: 2.3.4

Thanks!
  7. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Since Android 4.0.3 is out for your CSC code, you could flash the stock Samsung firmware for that.
  8. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

I bought my S2 as a "used - like new" from Amazon Warehouse. While it appeared stock and even though the apps themselves were no longer there, there were loads of photos on the internal SD from what looked like some far eastern social media apps (nothing at all risqu