1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

what should I get for batteryTips

Last Updated:

1. Rock22

Rock22 Member This Topic's Starter

I want to extend my battery life for my long days at school. I am thinking about either getting a spare battery, a [​IMG]battery case or a [​IMG]usb external charger. Which do you think would be the better choice?

Advertisement
  2. maxmaxter

maxmaxter Well-Known Member

I'm using an external charger (500mA). I use my phone heavily (streaming non-stop). So after 4 hours at school I plug it in for 1 hour and it lasts enough to get home and re-plug for the next day. The charger that came with the phone is 700mA (charges faster). I noticed that plugging it to any of my computers via USB is a very slow charge. For some reason the phone accepts 100mA from the USB but doesn't tell my comps to increase the amperage (USB is 500mA max).
    I've seen the cover-battery thing and it's bulky... If you want to go that way, there is a battery that is twice the size (and battery energy) and comes with a bigger back cover for the phone so it fits (works better from what I've heard)

3. Rock22

Rock22 Member This Topic's Starter

What kind of external charger do you use?

4. maxmaxter

maxmaxter Well-Known Member

I'm using one that came with my bluetooth headset (motorolla). You can use any charger that has the microUSB thing. And the mA I know people that have gone up to 1000mA for a super fast charge. Just remember that the overall battery life will decrease with faster charges (the original is 700mA). In any case, I don't think that would be a problem... most people switch their phone for a new one way before the battery takes a crap... :D