What size DropBox storage comes with the HTC EVO 4G LTE?Support

1. Stubby1

Stubby1 Well-Known Member

What size drop box account are we getting with this HTC phone or is it better to use the invited version found on this forum? I thought it was 20G from HTC.

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

25GB and its free for two years. After that you pay the fee or get reduced to the size you had prior.
  3. Do you know if there is file size restrictions? I remember getting 50 gigs from box.com for my touchpad, but it was useless because of the upload limit restrictions...
  4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

yes..
    25GB..

2 yrs.. same as your contract.. soooo........
    get a new HTC phone.. extend..

i have also heard... Samsung S3 has the same promo too (maybe even bigger).
  5. Sauske

Sauske Well-Known Member

It is, 50GB for 2yrs.
    dan330 and marctronixx like this.
  6. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Has anyone installed & opened DropBox yet to see if you have the 25gb of free storage?
    dustwun77 and marctronixx like this.
  7. AM2

AM2 Well-Known Member

yes it was given to me once I opened it. they sent an email that I clicked a link in and voila
  8. suprmallet

suprmallet Well-Known Member

I skipped past the Dropbox sign up, but when I logged in later it didn't offer me the 25 GB. Don't know if there's any other way to get it.
  9. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

I had to follow like 5 links after getting an email to get the storage, like, confirm email, share a folder with a friend (emailed myself), and some other random tasks.. Actually pissed me off. Felt like a monkey performing lame tasks for a treat.
    marctronixx and today like this.
  10. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

there are a few things you need to do (read the how to, etc) that will take a minute. if you go into your settings on a desktop or even online, you can see the steps needed.

hey, no such thing as a free lunch. :) plus the dropbox folks just want to make sure you know how to use their service properly. :) i have been using DB for over a year and absolutely love it.
  11. OstrichSaK

I also don't like how it's free only for 2yrs but hopefully by then the competition against others will force them to drop that and it will just be free for good. If not, probably get another HTC phone and hope that it happens sometime within that two years. ;) I use it a fair amount now but with 5gb I don't go crazy. If I had 25gb I would keep more of my folders there and being able to access them from mobile devices and such would be quite helpful.
    marctronixx likes this.
  12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Don't know if it changed, but this is from our One X pals -

Hope that helps.
  13. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

in 2 years, you'll be reupping for a new phone. new free 25 gigs (I bet).
  14. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

I have an account and I still got 25g!
  15. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

?? still?? did you return the phone?
  16. SamuraiBigEd

No, but some people are reporting only getting 23g if they already have a DropBox account.
  17. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i see..

so you are saying you had an prior dropbox account.. with X.XGB of space.
    then you got and additional 25GB ..

which means: [X.XGB-2GB(original free)] + 25GB = total current?
  18. SamuraiBigEd

It would have meant that, originally on DropBox's website it showed 25gb extra then when I got my notification email it was dropped to 23gb...oh well
  19. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

For me, since the basic free account has 2GB, it only gives you 23GB to make the total 25.
  20. OstrichSaK

Winning!

[​IMG]

:cool:
  21. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member