What sms app are you using?General

Last Updated:

1. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering what sms message app everyone is using? I switched from the default one to handcent and I quite like it but I want to know if there are any better ones out there.

Advertisement
  2. utopial

utopial Active Member

i heard that u cant do landscape keyboard for the sms. if u move to the htc keyboard, is it possible to do landscape?

3. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

That was only a problem with the pre-release firmware that reviewers had. It was fixed to my knowledge on all shipped consumer-level X10s.

With that said, I'm using Handcent SMS, and loving it. Far more options than the default SMS app.

4. chayo

chayo Member

Try SMS Popup if you've disabled Timescape widget. Lets you access and reply to SMS on the home screen, provides quick reply, preset messages and many other options. Really enjoying this app.

5. johnaachen

johnaachen Well-Known Member

If anyone hasn't already tried the HTC keyboard I would strongly recommend it....I gave into temptation last night and it is sooo mcuh better that the pre-installed ones. Faster, more responsive, more functionality.....brilliant! instructions look complicated but it takes no more than 5 minutes to do...its very easy!

6. werthers

i've installed the HTC keyboard it's the best, I was focusing more on the apk for messaging rather than the keyboard, i'll give sms pop up a try thanks chayo!

7. rasmuskarlsen

rasmuskarlsen Member

What is that HTC keybaord all about? where can it be found?

8. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

9. Busha

Busha Well-Known Member

I think it looks pretty much like Better Keyboard, only I like black skin with white letters on Better keyboard so the phone does not blow my eyes at night when I type something in dark. Or maybe this is even better/more precise than Better Keyboard ?

10. Clanegie

Clanegie Member

just got HTC keyboard installed. and its real great. the word completion is tons better!

11. Smg

Smg Well-Known Member

Finally got round to installing the HTC Board and agree its alot better, Should of done it earlier.

I now have the SE Keyboard / Jap Keyboard / Android Keyboard / HTC Keyboard / Swype /.

lol think i will stick with the htc one and just use swype for showing off to people ;) :D

12. robwscott

robwscott Well-Known Member

I downloaded and installed the htc keyboard but when i load the keyboard it seems to be a SMALLER version..... meaning. The keybord itself is about HALF THE SIZE it should be... any suggestions as to what i did wrong???

13. werthers

14. Busha

Busha Well-Known Member

Any comparison with Better Keyboard ?

15. werthers

I've tried both and I think the HTC is well... better than better keyboard. I also tried smartkeyboard pro which is good too, it doesn't remember custom spelling like HTC and no smiley button but i'd say that's better than better keyboard too.