• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What Systems Monitoring App Do You Use?

CPU-Setcpu
Memory-Autokiller
Battery- I have juiceplotter which is really cool and batteryleft, which seems to be really inaccurate. Even after it was calibrated.

I should mention that I am rooted.

Isn't Juiceplotter supposed to plot the different items using power. Shouldn't it have several plot lines like one for screen one for wifi etc etc.? But it looks like they are so mushed together it's worthless. Is there away t expand it enough to see the different plots ?

Upvote 0
Isn't Juiceplotter supposed to plot the different items using power. Shouldn't it have several plot lines like one for screen one for wifi etc etc.? But it looks like they are so mushed together it's worthless. Is there away t expand it enough to see the different plots ?

Juiceplotter should show different graphs but it doesn't pull data from elsewhere but rather collects it from the time you install. It's an alright tool, but I prefer Battery Left's "History" screen for battery usage data.

Upvote 0

You're supposed to understand the different colors of the lines. I haven't taken the time to memorize what color means what. Yea, they are smushed, but I like how is a Battery % vs Time graph and shows you how fast it goes down in 10% increments. If you run your finger over a certain time, it'll show you what type of data connection it had, whether it was plugged in or not, etc.

BatteryLeft is awful for me, it has been calibrated and it's a good 15-20% off on its approximations. Maybe I am doing something, wrong, I don't know--but it's near useless for me.

Upvote 0
You're supposed to understand the different colors of the lines. I haven't taken the time to memorize what color means what. Yea, they are smushed, but I like how is a Battery % vs Time graph and shows you how fast it goes down in 10% increments. If you run your finger over a certain time, it'll show you what type of data connection it had, whether it was plugged in or not, etc.

BatteryLeft is awful for me, it has been calibrated and it's a good 15-20% off on its approximations. Maybe I am doing something, wrong, I don't know--but it's near useless for me.

Battery Left has been a little questionable for me too, but I do like the data it provides, assuming it's accurate. I remember reading on it's website when I downloaded it, that it's suppose to be "intelligent" in that it learns how your battery depletes. I couldn't tell you how, but maybe based on use vs system reports.

I can tell you that I've recalibrated mine three times and it seems to have gotten better. It may be more accurate as use becomes more predictable because when I initially installed it I was on my DX basically day and night and the next couple days it would say my battery was drained vs the system reporting ~50-60%. It's probably a little high maintenance but I'm interested in seeing how it works long term.

Upvote 0
Is there anything else other then system panel? Im not rooted but does that matter for setcpu? It seems like system panel is like a task killer that gives u more info but sometimes it will shoot up the useage of the cpu to nearly 90% then drop back dow.

Why does that matter? That's the way the cpu works. You launch monitor it starts working it triggers more cpu usage. Once it's done gathering info cpu usage goes down. Also how do you know it's the monitor causing the cpu spike?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones