• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Tasker profiles is everyone using?? (This thread is NOT for requesting help with profiles)

I also made a talking clock and I think I could help iron a few bugs you may run into or didn't realize.

You should probably make the IF statement > 11 because if it is 12:00 noon with your current set up it won't set am or pm.

I actually have it set up as > 11, I just typed it in wrong here :D

You may run into other problems you didn't think of as well, and depending on your use for the task it may be bothersome. For instance when it is 12:15 am it will say the time as 00:15 am (zero zero fifteen am).

Any am time (9:15 am) will be announced zero nine fifteen am.

Any time it is on the hour (5:00pm) it is going to say five zero zero pm.

Whenever the second part of the time is less than 10 (9:06 am), it will be announced as nine zero six am.

Like I said, it depends if you mind those sort of things or not. For me, I like figuring out these problems and solutions for myself. But if you decided to change something and wanted any assistance I would be glad to help.:)

You're right, that's a bunch of things I didn't consider. Of course it doesn't really matter. But then again if close-enough-was-good-enough I would have just left it the way it was with %TIME.

I've all ears...er...eyes. :)

Upvote 0
is there any way of clearing a range of variables?

I've been messing around with weather and calenders, after a number of variable splits there heaps of %HTTPD.... types.

You could use the Variable Join command, be sure to check Delete Parts to delete all the variables being joined. This joins together all the splits into one variable. Although you won't be allowed to join them together into %HTTPD because it is a built-in variable and we can't directly modify them.

What you could try to do instead is, in the beginning of the task set a new variable to %HTTPD, then join those together and delete that variable.

Although I have tried this (I don't know if it is just me:thinking:) for some reason I cannot get it to work when others have. So what I do is just clear all the variables at once using Variable Clear.

Is it even necessary to clear everything?

I've seen Pent mention that it is negligible, even when there are many variables set.

Upvote 0
You could use the Variable Join command, be sure to check Delete Parts to delete all the variables being joined. This joins together all the splits into one variable. Although you won't be allowed to join them together into %HTTPD because it is a built-in variable and we can't directly modify them.

What you could try to do instead is, in the beginning of the task set a new variable to %HTTPD, then join those together and delete that variable.

Although I have tried this (I don't know if it is just me:thinking:) for some reason I cannot get it to work when others have. So what I do is just clear all the variables at once using Variable Clear.

Yea I was thinking about doing that, but I don't want to mess with any variable that might be needed for other profiles (including ones I haven't programmed yet)

I've seen Pent mention that it is negligible, even when there are many variables set.

I may just leave them. I mean, they'll just get overwritten by whatever task sets values to those variable names next.

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd share a little time/clock announcement task I came up with:

Taker has a built in time variable (%TIME) that is formatted like: hh.mm. So 10:30am would be 10.30 and 9:20pm would be 21.20. The 'say' action would pronounce these "ten point three zero" and "twenty one point two zero" respectively. I guess that works but it's not formatted the way most people would like which could be "ten thirty A M" and so on.

New Task -> "Announce Time"

1) Variable Split - Name: %TIME - Splitter: .
this separates the variable where ever a '.' is encountered, in this case only once. The hours will be output to the variable %TIME1 and the minutes to %TIME2.

2) Variable Set - Name: %TIMEM - To: A M - If: %TIME1 is less than 12
We are creating a new variable to contain the 'am' info in the morning.

3) Variable Set - Name: %TIMEM - To: P M - If: %TIME1 is greater than 11
Same as above, but for 'pm' in the afternoon/evening.

4) Variable Subtract - Name: %TIME1 - Value: 12 - If: %TIME1 is greater than 12
Converting the hour value from 24 hour time to conventional time.

5) Say - Text: The time is now %TIME1 %TIME2 %TIMEM.
The action that makes the phone speak. Play with the voice engine, pitch and time parameters to your liking.

Hit 'test' to check that it works.

You can now make this a sub-routine of any other task you have by including the 'perform task - Announce Time' action or create a new profile with any context you wish. I've got it as part of the snooze function when the alarm reactivates.

There's a Tasker walkthrough on the wiki for Chime/Announce the Hour that doesn't work with the newest version: apparently there used to be a "Variable Inc" task that no longer exists. I'm trying to work this writeup to fit into the function of the chiming (as in, chiming every hour as many times as the hour, e.g.six o'clock produces six chimes), but I can only get it to chime once when I test it. Has anyone else tried something similar?

Upvote 0
There's a Tasker walkthrough on the wiki for Chime/Announce the Hour that doesn't work with the newest version: apparently there used to be a "Variable Inc" task that no longer exists. I'm trying to work this writeup to fit into the function of the chiming (as in, chiming every hour as many times as the hour, e.g.six o'clock produces six chimes), but I can only get it to chime once when I test it. Has anyone else tried something similar?

Yes, I have a similar function in my talking clock task. What I did is, toward the end of the task (after it announces the time) I did the following:

1: Tasker > If %TIME2 = 00
2: Variable > Variable Set %COUNT To:0
3: Variable > Variable Add %COUNT Value:1
4: Media > Music Play ***file name***
5: Tasker > Wait 1 Second
6: Tasker > Goto Action 3 (change it for appropriate number) , If %COUNT < %TIME1
7: Tasker > End If

The line numbers listed above are just for clarity here, they will obviously be different within your task.

Upvote 0
Yes, I have a similar function in my talking clock task. What I did is, toward the end of the task (after it announces the time) I did the following:

1: Tasker > If %TIME2 = 00
2: Variable > Variable Set %COUNT To:0
3: Variable > Variable Add %COUNT Value:1
4: Media > Music Play ***file name***
5: Tasker > Wait 1 Second
6: Tasker > Goto Action 3 (change it for appropriate number) , If %COUNT < %TIME1
7: Tasker > End If

The line numbers listed above are just for clarity here, they will obviously be different within your task.

Huh. Tried it; it only speaks the time, doesn't even play the sound at all.

Upvote 0
Newbie question here, about tasker widgets:

I have created a task where my phone is silenced, aeroplane mode is put on, and my auto-wireless profiles are turned off. I'd like the widget to be able to activate this task if it isn't active, but if it is, to 'undo' the task (unsilence and unaeroplane my phone, and reactivate my wireless profiles).

How would I set this up? Do I need two tasks, one that "does" the "task" and one than "undoes" the "task", then set them both as widgets on my home screen? Or can it be done with one widget?

Upvote 0
I have a question, and I'm not sure if it has been answered somewhere else (I haven't read through the entire thread yet)

I have set up a set of tasks to act like JuiceDefender (If screen is off, disable data - every 15 mins enable data for 1 minute if "disable data" profile is active - if screen comes back on, enable data - if Pandora is loaded, enable data and disable profile which disables data, re-enable profile on exit)

As part of this, I want to setup a task that keeps data enabled if the data connection is currently active. In other words, if I am downloading something, keep the data enabled until the download is done. Is there a way to do this? I know that I can just disable the "disable data" profile, but I need to know how to setup a trigger on data being active.

Any help is much appreciated!

Upvote 0
I just posted this as a comment on dbilliter's blog about a problem I'm having with his calender task.

maybe someone here might be able to help me out too?

I'm having a bit of a problem with the 'HTTP Get' part of this task.

If I enter the address as you suggest (setting Mime Type to text/xml) and hit 'test', I get the error: "Unknown Host in http://https://www.google.com/calendar/feeds..." It looks like Tasker is putting "http://" in front of whatever I type, the address my Google Calendar gave me has "https://" at the beginning.

If I delete the https:// from the address I no longer get the error.
But if I check what is being received by entering a Popup action displaying %HTTPD and hit test; it comes up blank - no text at all.

Now if I was to run the same popup action without attempting HTTP Get or setting the %HTTPD variable it would actually display "%HTTPD". But instead, it is showing nothing.

I have also entered most of the other steps and have 'Popup Errors/Warnings' preference checked. On starting the application after testing this task, I am shown a number of warnings about how tasker 'can't split unset variables.'

I've re-entered the address a number of times, reset my the private URL with google calendars and entered it again. I'm pretty confident that's not the problem.

Do you have any ideas on what the problem could be and how I might be able to resolve it?

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Newbie question here, about tasker widgets:

I have created a task where my phone is silenced, aeroplane mode is put on, and my auto-wireless profiles are turned off. I'd like the widget to be able to activate this task if it isn't active, but if it is, to 'undo' the task (unsilence and unaeroplane my phone, and reactivate my wireless profiles).

How would I set this up? Do I need two tasks, one that "does" the "task" and one than "undoes" the "task", then set them both as widgets on my home screen? Or can it be done with one widget?

I would set the widget up to control a different task. One that is the same as your first task but with the actions set to 'toggle' the settings rather than set them to 'off' or 'on'.

This way when the task is run, it will turn just flick the switches in the opposite direction - so to speak.

Upvote 0
Did you press Accept before testing it? Because some settings aren't set until you use Accept.

Yea the first thing I do if there's any issues is 'apply' then try again.

Unfortunately it hasn't helped this time.

I should note that HTTP Get seems to be working perfectly in my weather task with the RSS feed from wunderground.com.

Could it be caused by the difference between http and https perhaps?

Upvote 0
Yea the first thing I do if there's any issues is 'apply' then try again.

Unfortunately it hasn't helped this time.

I should note that HTTP Get seems to be working perfectly in my weather task with the RSS feed from wunderground.com.

Could it be caused by the difference between http and https perhaps?

I have the same tasks set up also. For the HTTP Get I do not have the leading HTTPS://, I started with www.Google...

I also found that I was sometimes getting a conflict with all the variables being split. Sometimes they may have overlapped or if there was a problem getting the site info, you would be trying to split the variables from the weather task.

I set up a different variable to HTTPD for each task. Then clearing those variables after the task was finished updating. That seemed to have stopped the problems for me.

Upvote 0
I feel as if this is so simple, and I'm just missing something.

I want my calender notifications to have different sounds: e.g. for school I want one sound, for work a different one. Since the stock calender doesn't let you customize in such a way, I've been trying to use Tasker.

Contexts:

Notification Calender
Calender entry - location "my school"
Calender

Tasks:

Turn On
Music Play
Vibrate on Notify
Wait 25 sec
Notify Cancel

It spectacularly does not work. Doesn't turn on or do anything. I'm puzzled to say the least, because I can't figure out what else I could be doing to get it to work. I first had just Calender entry in the context, then I added the Notification Calender, then swapped them, then added Calender itself. It just won't work. :thinking:

Upvote 0
Added on 04/07/11

• Battery Level : Adjusts random settings, depending on my battery level.
  • Block Calls : When certain numbers call, tasker will answer\end the call (So it will stop ringing, and they won't get to my voicemail)
  • Block Work Calls : When my work calls me (to ask if I can come in), I let it ring for 5 seconds before hanging up (5 seconds, so I have time to decide if I want to answer - and it does not send the call to voicemail).
  • Change Wallpaper Based on Weather : Cool new profile I made today. It checks Accuweather, and when it sees certain keywords ("Rain" "Cloudy" "Sunny" "Clear") it will change my wallpaper, accordingly.
  • Church : Silences my phone, makes my display not time-out, and opens my Bible app -- (Based on calendar events)
  • School : Silences my phone during school (Based on calendar events)
  • Find Phone (GPS) : When I text my phone a keyword, it will respond with the GPS coordinates, battery level, etc.
  • Find Phone (GPS) P2 : When I text my phone another keyword (when my phone is stolen), it will play an alarm, lock the phone, will end any current calls, and will also leave the GPS on (so I can keep tracking it).
  • Find Phone (Ring) : This is for when I lose my phone at home. I text it, it will play a ringtone.
  • Face Down Silent : This is for the "Find Phone (Ring)" profile. When I find the phone, I just flip it over to turn off the ringtone\song
  • GPS Turned On : Turns on the GPS when certain apps are opened
  • Incoming Call Brightness : Turns my brightness to MAX, for 15 seconds. (Pointless)
  • Charging : Random settings for when I am charging my phone
  • Wifi Starter\Stopper : Two profiles that will turn on\of and connect wifi, accordingly (by determining my location via my network connection\location) (this has been combined with my "Home" profile)

Added on 04/09/11

• Work : When Tasker sees that my calendar says I am at work (this is easy to do because I have a part-time job, so I always post my shifts on my calendar), it will put my phone on vibrate - and force WiFi off, and will also lock my screen.

Added on 04/13/11

• Home : When I am home (It determines this by using my location, via the network connection) it will turn my volumes up. After 11pm, when the home profile is active, it will turn my phone to vibrate. [new: it also turns on my WiFi] [new:new: it now activates Browsix and Remote Notifier for Android]
  • Change Wallpaper - Timed : I have a set of 5 wallpapers (they are the same wallpapers, just different color), and they change\alternate every 20 minutes.
  • Alarm : I have uninstalled Gentle Alarm, and replaced it with Tasker. Self explanatory profile. (*Altered this profile, so that it will only trigger if the phone is charging (I periodically will get up before the alarm will go off, and unplug the phone - forgetting that the alarm is still set*) (Rather dodgy when it came to actually triggering - missed a class due to the alarm\profile not sounding\activating. I am now using the stock HTC clock\alarm app)
  • Silent Boot : This profile will silence my phone prior to turning off or restarting, which then silences the annoyingly loud boot-animation.

Added on 04/14/11

• Reminder - Trash : At 9pm every Wednesday night(repeating every 15 minutes) IF my "Home" profile is active, I get a pop-up reminding me to take out the trash. The pop-up also gives me an option to end the reminders if I have taken the trash out.
  • Airplane Mode : If my cell signal drops too low, airplane mode will be triggered. Every 7 minutes, the profile will stop - if there is still low signal, the profile will be reactivated. (I am having a hard time getting this to work... It seems to randomly activate, even though my signal-strength variable context, is set to only activate when my signal drops below 25% - I will have a few bars of 4G, and this profile will activate)
  • Headset : I finally got around to making this basic profile, that will open a menu containing Amazon MP3 (I have my music in the cloud) and Pandora, whenever I connect a headset.

Added on 04/15/11

• Applications - Games : When I launch any\all games, my media volume is set to 4 (what I almost ALWAYS set it to) (got rather annoying, and wasn't very useful)
  • Applications - Games Night : When I launch any\all games between 11pm and 9am, the media volume is 0
  • Applications - Music : When I launch any\all music playing applications, the media volume sets itself to 12
  • Applications - Video : When I launch any\all video playing applications, the media volume sets itself to 9 - and autobrightness is forced.
  • Charging - Home Night : When charging my phone at home (determined by "cell near"), from 12:30am-8:30am (basically when I am sleeping): all sounds are silenced, brightness is brought down, and auto-rotation is turned off (If I look at my phone while in bed, and while it's charging, the screen-rotation is always wacky)
  • Charging - Not Home : When I am charging my phone NOT at home (determined by invert of "cell near"), all of my volumes are turned up (If I am not charging my phone at home, it will usually be charging somewhere AWAY from me - so I need the volumes up)
  • Grandparent's : When I am at one of my grandparent's house (determined by "cell near"), the phone connects to their WiFi, and my ringer/notification/media volumes gets adjusted.
  • Grandparent's Night : Same as above, just the volumes are on silent\vibrate
  • Grandparent's (2) : When I am at my other grandparent's house (determined by "cell near"), the phone connects to their WiFi, and my ringer/notification/media volumes gets adjusted.
  • Grandparent's Night (2) : Same as above, just the volumes are on silent\vibrate.

Added on 04/28/11

• Android Notifier : When my "Home" profile is active, Tasker will enable the Remote Notifier for Android service. Remote Notifier for Android, simply sends notifications to your computer, when you have an incoming call, SMS, MMS, or when your battery is low, etc.
  • DropBox Sync : I have Tasker and Dropbox Sync for Tasker/Locale setup so I can backup certain files on my SD Card, with Dropbox, at a specific time. I am currently working on a way to get this Dropbox plugin to allow me to upload a AutoHotKey script to Dropbox, where AutoHotKey on my computer will be able to then read\activate the script, which will pause iTunes when I have an incoming call).
Added on 05/03/11

• Disneyland : When I am at Disneyland (Based on calendar event - currently working on getting the "cell near" info setup, which will take quite a while due to the massive size of the park), forces Wifi off, GPS off, all plugins off (in case another task has them on, or if they are left on accidentally), turns off mobile data (trying to get this to only happen when the display is off), and also drops the display timeout to 12 seconds. I am currently thinking of other battery-saving settings that I can have this profile change. Suggestions?

I love Tasker.

My life is complete, now that Browsix works with Tasker :D

Upvote 0
Hey guys, well I got a new phone after my last one crashed so I'm having to go through and redo all my tasker profiles... which isn't too bad because now I'm thinking of more.

I use App Protector Pro, which places a pattern lock on any app you choose... basically if it's active on my phone people can't access any of my personal stuff (contacts, texts, email, facebook, etc etc) and things like the phone's dialer, but can still use other apps like the media players and such. Anyway, I created a tasker profile that in the event my phone receives a text with the work "Lockdown" in it, tasker tells App Protector to activate, locking down all my personal information. I think I'm also going to set it up to toggle GPS for a set amount of time to aid Lookout in locating the device.

Upvote 0
Added on 04/07/11

• Battery Level : Adjusts random settings, depending on my battery level.
  • Block Calls : When certain numbers call, tasker will answer\end the call (So it will stop ringing, and they won't get to my voicemail)
  • Block Work Calls : When my work calls me (to ask if I can come in), I let it ring for 5 seconds before hanging up (5 seconds, so I have time to decide if I want to answer - and it does not send the call to voicemail).
  • Change Wallpaper Based on Weather : Cool new profile I made today. It checks Accuweather, and when it sees certain keywords ("Rain" "Cloudy" "Sunny" "Clear") it will change my wallpaper, accordingly.
  • Church : Silences my phone, makes my display not time-out, and opens my Bible app -- (Based on calendar events)
  • School : Silences my phone during school (Based on calendar events)
  • Find Phone (GPS) : When I text my phone a keyword, it will respond with the GPS coordinates, battery level, etc.
  • Find Phone (GPS) P2 : When I text my phone another keyword (when my phone is stolen), it will play an alarm, lock the phone, will end any current calls, and will also leave the GPS on (so I can keep tracking it).
  • Find Phone (Ring) : This is for when I lose my phone at home. I text it, it will play a ringtone.
  • Face Down Silent : This is for the "Find Phone (Ring)" profile. When I find the phone, I just flip it over to turn off the ringtone\song
  • GPS Turned On : Turns on the GPS when certain apps are opened
  • Incoming Call Brightness : Turns my brightness to MAX, for 15 seconds. (Pointless)
  • Charging : Random settings for when I am charging my phone
  • Wifi Starter\Stopper : Two profiles that will turn on\of and connect wifi, accordingly (by determining my location via my network connection\location) (this has been combined with my "Home" profile)

Added on 04/09/11

• Work : When Tasker sees that my calendar says I am at work (this is easy to do because I have a part-time job, so I always post my shifts on my calendar), it will put my phone on vibrate - and force WiFi off, and will also lock my screen.

Added on 04/13/11

• Home : When I am home (It determines this by using my location, via the network connection) it will turn my volumes up. After 11pm, when the home profile is active, it will turn my phone to vibrate. [new: it also turns on my WiFi] [new:new: it now activates Browsix and Remote Notifier for Android]
  • Change Wallpaper - Timed : I have a set of 5 wallpapers (they are the same wallpapers, just different color), and they change\alternate every 20 minutes.
  • Alarm : I have uninstalled Gentle Alarm, and replaced it with Tasker. Self explanatory profile. (*Altered this profile, so that it will only trigger if the phone is charging (I periodically will get up before the alarm will go off, and unplug the phone - forgetting that the alarm is still set*) (Rather dodgy when it came to actually triggering - missed a class due to the alarm\profile not sounding\activating. I am now using the stock HTC clock\alarm app)
  • Silent Boot : This profile will silence my phone prior to turning off or restarting, which then silences the annoyingly loud boot-animation.

Added on 04/14/11

• Reminder - Trash : At 9pm every Wednesday night(repeating every 15 minutes) IF my "Home" profile is active, I get a pop-up reminding me to take out the trash. The pop-up also gives me an option to end the reminders if I have taken the trash out.
  • Airplane Mode : If my cell signal drops too low, airplane mode will be triggered. Every 7 minutes, the profile will stop - if there is still low signal, the profile will be reactivated. (I am having a hard time getting this to work... It seems to randomly activate, even though my signal-strength variable context, is set to only activate when my signal drops below 25% - I will have a few bars of 4G, and this profile will activate)
  • Headset : I finally got around to making this basic profile, that will open a menu containing Amazon MP3 (I have my music in the cloud) and Pandora, whenever I connect a headset.

Added on 04/15/11

• Applications - Games : When I launch any\all games, my media volume is set to 4 (what I almost ALWAYS set it to) (got rather annoying, and wasn't very useful)
  • Applications - Games Night : When I launch any\all games between 11pm and 9am, the media volume is 0
  • Applications - Music : When I launch any\all music playing applications, the media volume sets itself to 12
  • Applications - Video : When I launch any\all video playing applications, the media volume sets itself to 9 - and autobrightness is forced.
  • Charging - Home Night : When charging my phone at home (determined by "cell near"), from 12:30am-8:30am (basically when I am sleeping): all sounds are silenced, brightness is brought down, and auto-rotation is turned off (If I look at my phone while in bed, and while it's charging, the screen-rotation is always wacky)
  • Charging - Not Home : When I am charging my phone NOT at home (determined by invert of "cell near"), all of my volumes are turned up (If I am not charging my phone at home, it will usually be charging somewhere AWAY from me - so I need the volumes up)
  • Grandparent's : When I am at one of my grandparent's house (determined by "cell near"), the phone connects to their WiFi, and my ringer/notification/media volumes gets adjusted.
  • Grandparent's Night : Same as above, just the volumes are on silent\vibrate
  • Grandparent's (2) : When I am at my other grandparent's house (determined by "cell near"), the phone connects to their WiFi, and my ringer/notification/media volumes gets adjusted.
  • Grandparent's Night (2) : Same as above, just the volumes are on silent\vibrate.

Added on 04/28/11

• Android Notifier : When my "Home" profile is active, Tasker will enable the Remote Notifier for Android service. Remote Notifier for Android, simply sends notifications to your computer, when you have an incoming call, SMS, MMS, or when your battery is low, etc.
  • DropBox Sync : I have Tasker and Dropbox Sync for Tasker/Locale setup so I can backup certain files on my SD Card, with Dropbox, at a specific time. I am currently working on a way to get this Dropbox plugin to allow me to upload a AutoHotKey script to Dropbox, where AutoHotKey on my computer will be able to then read\activate the script, which will pause iTunes when I have an incoming call).

Added on 05/03/11

• Disneyland : When I am at Disneyland (Based on calendar event - currently working on getting the "cell near" info setup, which will take quite a while due to the massive size of the park), forces Wifi off, GPS off, all plugins off (in case another task has them on, or if they are left on accidentally), turns off mobile data (trying to get this to only happen when the display is off), and also drops the display timeout to 12 seconds. I am currently thinking of other battery-saving settings that I can have this profile change. Suggestions?

I love Tasker.

If not too much trouble can you get details on how to set up the bolded task or point me to the directions to get the instructions.

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
I believe I saw somewhere where someone posted that they were able to get tasker to put the phone icon in the notification bar so that no matter where they were they could get to phone.

Does anyone know how this would be done?
You will be better off using 'Swipe Pad' for that. I have an Evo (no physical call/phone button) and in some apps the notification bar does not display.

However, if you use SwipePad, you will be able to access up to 12 pre-selected apps from anywhere in your phone at any time.

And no, I'm not sure how to use Tasker to add the phone to the notification bar. Before I had Swipe Pad I had to use smartbar to add the phone to the notification bar.

Upvote 0
If not too much trouble can you get details on how to set up the bolded task or point me to the directions to get the instructions.

Thank you very much.

Battery Level*:
Context:
1) State > Battery Level > From: 0% > To: 15%
Task:
1) Display > Brightness > 30%
2) Misc > GPS > Off (in case it is left one)
3) Display > Display Timeout > 10 Seconds
4) Alert > Popup > Text: "Battery Is LOW!"

Block Calls:
Context:
1) Phone > Incoming Call (you can specify the numbers)
Task:
1) Phone > Take Call
2) Phone > End Call

Church:
Context:
1) State > Calendar Entry > Title: "Church"
-and\or-
2) State > Cell Near
Task:
1) Audio > Silent Mode > Silent
2) Net > WiFi > Off (just in case it is somehow left on)
3) Display > Display Rotation > Portrait
4) App > Load App > Bible (I no longer have my profile launching my Bible app)

Find Phone GPS*:
Context:
1) Event > Phone > Received Text > Priority: Highest > Type: Any > Content: "SOS GPS" (Can be whatever you want)
Task:
1) Misc > GPS > On
2) Tasker > Wait > 2 Minutes (For GPS to lock in)
3) Misc > Get Location > Source: GPS > Timeout (Seconds): 120
4) Phone > Send SMS > Number: %SMSRF > Message: "My battery level is %BATT % - My GPS coordinates are: %LOC" > Store In Messaging App, Check
5) Misc > GPS > Off

Find Phone GPS P2*:
Context:
1)Event > Phone > Received Text > Priority: Highest > Type: Any > Context: "LOCK PHONE" (Can be whatever you want)
2) Time > From: 00:00 > Repeat ever 5 minutes > To: 23:59 (to keep refreshing all of the tasks)
Task:
1) Alert > Popup > Text: "This phone has been stolen!" > Time: 5 > Centre Text > Text Size: 20
2) Phone > End Call
3) App > Go Home > Page: "2" (or whichever screen is your main one)
4) Display > Lock > Code: "4**9" > Allow Cancel, uncheck > Full Screen, check
5) Audio > Speakerphone > On (just to bug them, if they are on the phone)
6) Misc > GPS > On

Silent Boot*:
Context:
1) Event > System > Device Shutdown
Task:
1) Audio > Silent Mode > Vibrate (or Silent)

*Attached is a zip folder containing the profiles: "Battery Level", "Find Phone GPS", "Find Phone GPS P2", and "Silent Boot"

Attachments

• Tasker Profiles.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 196
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones