WHat the fudge?? Time updates, BACKWARDS?!Support

Last Updated:

1. ImaYam

ImaYam Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

DO you think its this Airave?? I just installed it?

the time as Im writing this is 11:05 pm, in NYC, NY. HOwever, WHen I press automatic update on my phone, it updates to the correct time, and then in a few seconds reverts to 2 hours BACK, and goes to AM. Im looking out my window right now, and I SWEAR the sun is not out. EVen my phone says the moon is in out!!

ANybody hear of a fix?

(PS, my phone is rooted, but this is the first time Im seeing this... Its my alarm clock!)

D:

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

do you have the first model airave or the second generation airvana?

to test if your femtocell is the culprit, unplug it... wait about 3 minutes (to let your cell towers find the phone WITHOUT the assistance of the femtocell) then do your update time test.

i have read on other sites of users of the airvana model having time issues and call waiting issues.. none of which i have encountered and i have both models. i am stock un rooted.

3. ImaYam

NOt the one that looks like a radiator... its this
    [​IMG]

Pretty much with automatic updating, it says im in Pakistan.... WHich I really have no reason being there. But google maps says im in NY. What could be the culprit?

PS. I just checked, and indeed I am NOT in pakistan.

4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

lol like a radiator! classic!

yeah bro unplug the contraption, wait a couple minutes then update. its probably the airave.

the folks i heard from have the latest "radiator" model! lol..

give the sprint techs a call and they can fix that. did it just start happening all of a sudden? how long have you had the airave?

5. tech411

tech411 Active Member

I have same issue with 1st gen Airave and my EVO. I have talked with Airave tech support and they are working on a fix.

6. ImaYam

Ill be able to contact them later, but it started only as soon as,i plugged the airave into the interwebs. Obviously, when I'm out of range, the evo updates correctly.

I got a good deal on the thing...it came with a blackberry 8330 for 60 bux shipped!