What the h *** happened to battery life in this slide...

Last Updated:

1. rrolff

rrolff Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've been a user (from an iPhone background) for 2 months...

Battery last a half day on my average usage - even shutting down WiFi and Bluetooth (in my usage scheme of things, this thing lasts around 60% what the iPhone 3G does (may be an overstatement).

I understand everything isn't perfect - but the iPhone (IMHO) has semi-poor battery performance. This thing is way under that...

I now must keep an extra charged battery with me - and make sure I have chargers in any car I'm in, and various home outlets.

I can't be the only one???

Do I have a faulty Slide (I don't think so).

If my Slide if semi-OK - I don't get having to run multiple batteries (or making sure you are *plugged in* often)...

????????????????

Advertisement
  2. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

"Average usage" unfortunately is a meaningless term since everybody has a different idea of what that is, but for what it's worth my Slide will easily last all day. Unplugging at 6:30, and browsing/playing games for 3 hours or more throughout the day while leaving gps and wifi enabled will leave me with about a 35% charge or more by 9 pm. I disabled one of the notorious battery killers; the T Mobile sync since I don't use it. The update everybody should be getting in the next couple of weeks should fix that non-stop sync problem anyway though.

3. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

Wait until you get the update to fix some of the bugs, it will fix the tmobile contact sync bug and will save battery life. I got it early this morning and have noticed a fairly big difference in my battery life through out the day so far.

4. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

You should get 'Spare Parts' from the market and look at battery history. Switch the setting to partial wake usage, and anything that is more than 25% of the bar, you need to kill. For me, its usually the calendar.

5. jackie.simon08

jackie.simon08 New Member

Yes I have this problem..they already sent me a new battery but still it sucks... having a task manager helps a lot from having the programs running in the background

6. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

I never had a bad battery but since the OTA update last week, I get 2 days with light use on my Slide. Remember, I said light use.

7. penguin42

penguin42 Member

Settings->Wireless & Networks->Mobile Networks->Enable always-on mobile data.

Turn this off. It significantly improved my battery life (lasts an entire day from getting up till going to bed with light-moderate use). This combined with turning off unnecessary syncs (including the t-mobile synch), setting other synchs to longer intervals, turning off wifi & bluetooth and setting screen brightness to auto.

This was before the OTA update. I haven't tested to see what kind of battery life I get now.