What the heck does this do? (People/Contacts app "feature").Support

Last Updated:

1. mousouchop

mousouchop Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I would search to see if this was already asked... but I don't even know how to word it, or what to call it, so I must just ask.

On my Droid Incredible, if I launch the People app to view my contacts and hold the Menu button while viewing the main contacts list, a keyboard will pop up. Type on the keyboard, and the typed letters appear in a smokey overlay over your contacts... but it doesn't do anything.

Does anyone know what this does? Without rebooting my phone, I cannot get rid of the *banner* I guess you'd call it. I've done this twice-- once on accident (thought the keyboard would allow me to search contacts), and once just now trying to figure it out!

What is it?

Advertisement
    Nsane1 likes this.
  2. x_Prozak_x

x_Prozak_x Well-Known Member

I'm sorry mousouchop.... I'm afraid your phone has cancer.

(I have no idea either)

3. AKRaouf

AKRaouf Member

This has happenend to me also. What you have to do is go to manage applications and force close people, then start it up again. I think this happens if you force close google search, but I am not sure, havent experimented... so now you dont have to restart lol...

4. AKRaouf

AKRaouf Member

When you hold down menu and the keyboard pops up, you should be able to search contacts... i do this all the time and i can confirm it works, since i have to use it to search through about 1200 contacts sometimes.. that is just a wierd glitch or something.

5. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

+1 my searches too. Anyway you can post a screen shot?

6. mousouchop

mousouchop Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I had posted this thread, I have some gibberish in said banner over my contacts list... after a restart (to clear the banner), the keyboard now searches... Random glitch I guess? Never thought to kill the People app. So used to contact lists on phones, never registered in my head as an APP. haha.

7. Nsane1

Nsane1 Well-Known Member

that's weird, mine does the banner thing as well and doesn't search at all. Odd, I've never tried that before.